Doctor Li, Chief Harkness and I are all on the council, We meet every Monday Morning.”— Bannon when asked if he is on the council
|Unmarked Quest: Council Seat|
|Talk with Bannon.|
|Search Seagrave Holmes' room for evidence.|
|Talk to Seagrave about the letter.||Talk to Bannon about the letter.|
|Talk to Lana Danvers about Bannon's blackmail attempt.||Talk to Lana Danvers about the letter.|
|Return to Seagrave.||Return to Bannon.|
10% shop discount at Rivet City Supply
|Reward: Schematics - deathclaw gauntlet|
10% shop discount at Potomac Attire
Starting the questEdit
This quest can be started by speaking with Bannon at the Potomac Attire. He will inform you that he believes Seagrave Holmes is planning to steal his seat in the city council. He then tasks you to find incriminating evidence on Seagrave Holmes that will put to rest to his stealing of the chair. If Bannon doesn't offer you the option in his dialogue for this quest you can start it by finding the incriminating evidence in Seagrave's room first and then by speaking to Bannon again.
Retrieve the evidenceEdit
You can wander into Seagrave's room (Easy lock, negative Karma) in the Mid-Ship Deck right by the door to the Market District. For no negative Karma, you can wait by the door until 7 am, Seagrave should be leaving his room then. Once inside, find Seagrave's incriminating letter (not marked as owned property, no negative Karma for snatching it), next to the footlocker under the bed. The letter reveals that Seagrave is communicating with the slaver boss Eulogy Jones. Now you can talk with Bannon and Seagrave Holmes.
Choose a sideEdit
Seagrave claims that the message makes it clear that he is not going to cooperate with the slavers, and that you should inform Lana Danvers that Bannon is trying to blackmail him. Bannon will tell you to report this evidence to Lana Danvers, but not to tell her that it is he who sent you on the task to find evidence against Seagrave.
- You can find Lana Danvers at the 3rd level of the tower. Just go up the stairwell to the top, and enter the door that says "Bridge Tower". At this point, you are presented with the choice to support either Bannon or Holmes.
- Lana Danvers can also be found in the marketplace after 9:00 pm. Be warned, the market closes after dark. Some characters in the Marketplace may tell you to leave or say "You shouldn't be here!". Stay too long and nearby non-player characters may turn hostile. It is recommended that you have a quick exchange with Danvers and leave before this happens.
- A permanent 10% discount at the Potomac Attire
- One Schematics - deathclaw gauntlet.
- A permanent 10% price increase at Rivet City Supply
Seagrave Holmes's rewardEdit
- Choosing which party to support is a tactical choice, since Bannon rewards the player with a deathclaw gauntlet schematic and sells the player apparel at a discount whereas Holmes gives no instant reward, yet has more material with which to make use of the 10% discount.
- It is possible, however it is only loosely supported, that Seagrave at one point was supposed to reward the player with a copy of the Railway Rifle Schematics - possibly to make siding with him more appealing. This is hypothesized due to the note on Seagrave's terminal relating to a "Survival Weapon Idea" that uses railroad spikes as ammunition, and references the possibility of using "steam as a power source."