Fallout: New Vegas locations project
The Cottonwood crater is an atomic bomb impact point in the Mojave Wasteland that is highly irradiated.
This area overlooks Cottonwood Cove from the southern mountains and contains a highly radioactive pool (up to 20 rads a second), a few golden geckos, and a dead prospector with a Fat Man in poor condition. This location is reached either by repeatedly jumping up and running along the cliff, or via a cave exit in Fire Root cavern. The area appears to have been charred by the detonation of the bomb. Simply follow the small peninsula until it ends and glance to the left.
Be prepared for trouble if you enter Fire Root cavern from Cottonwood crater after reaching the crater by climbing along the cliff. As soon as you enter, you may be rushed by nearly every fire geckos in the cavern, including the legendary fire gecko.
- A Fat Man on a dead prospector.
Cottonwood crater only appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Sometimes the dead prospector will not spawn.
- xbox360 pc ps3 Sometimes the dead prospector will not be wearing combat armor.
- pc xbox360 ps3 Upon entering, a golden gecko may just drop dead.
- pc xbox360 ps3 The Fat Man may sometimes not spawn there.