The Cottonwood crater is an atomic bomb impact point in the Mojave Wasteland that is highly irradiated.
This location is reached either by repeatedly jumping up and running along the cliff, or via a cave exit from the Fire Root cavern. Follow the small peninsula until it ends and look to the left.
This area overlooks Cottonwood Cove from the southern mountains and contains a few highly radioactive pools. (up to 20 rads a second). There are likely to be some golden geckos. Searching this area will disclose the remains of a dead prospector with a Fat Man in poor condition.
- A Fat Man can be found on a dead prospector.
- The crater is one of the few atomic impact sites found in the Mojave Wasteland. While 77 ICBMs were launched at Las Vegas and the surrounding area, 59 were forcefully disarmed mid-flight by intricate defense systems set in place by wealthy businessman Mr. House, nine were blasted out of the sky by a laser guided missile defense system atop the Lucky 38 Hotel & Casino, and only nine hit the surrounding desert.
Cottonwood crater appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc xbox360 ps3 Sometimes the dead prospector will not spawn. [verified]
- pc xbox360 ps3 Sometimes the dead prospector will not be wearing combat armor. [verified]
- pc xbox360 ps3 Upon entering, a golden gecko may just drop dead. [verified]
- pc xbox360 ps3 The Fat Man may sometimes not spawn there. [verified]