The Cottonwood crater is an atomic bomb impact point in the Mojave Wasteland that is highly irradiated.
This area overlooks Cottonwood Cove from the southern mountains, and contains a highly radioactive pool (up to 20 rads a second), a few golden geckos, and a dead prospector with a Fat Man in poor condition. This location is reached either by repeatedly jumping up and running along the cliff, or via a cave exit in Fire Root cavern. Simply follow the small peninsula until it ends and glance to the left.
- A Fat Man can be found on a dead prospector.
Cottonwood crater appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc xbox360 ps3 Sometimes the dead prospector will not spawn. [verified]
- pc xbox360 ps3 Sometimes the dead prospector will not be wearing combat armor. [verified]
- pc xbox360 ps3 Upon entering, a golden gecko may just drop dead. [verified]
- pc xbox360 ps3 The Fat Man may sometimes not spawn there. [verified]