The Cottonwood crater is an atomic bomb impact point in the Mojave Wasteland that is highly irradiated.
This area overlooks Cottonwood Cove from the southern mountains and contains a highly radioactive pool (up to 20 rads a second), a few golden geckos, and a dead prospector with a Fat Man in poor condition. This location is reached either by repeatedly jumping up and running along the cliff, or via a cave exit in Fire Root cavern. The area appears to have been charred by the detonation of the bomb. Simply follow the small peninsula until it ends and glance to the left.
- A Fat Man can be found on a dead prospector.
Cottonwood crater appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc xbox360 ps3 Sometimes the dead prospector will not spawn. [verified]
- pc xbox360 ps3 Sometimes the dead prospector will not be wearing combat armor. [verified]
- pc xbox360 ps3 Upon entering, a golden gecko may just drop dead. [verified]
- pc xbox360 ps3 The Fat Man may sometimes not spawn there. [verified]