The cosmic knife super-heated was accidentally discovered by a chef, when one was left on a hot (450 degrees) stove under a pot for five minutes. The alloy retained so much heat that the blade glowed red-hot. The handle was safe to hold, but when the chef put it down on a table, it melted the table.
The cosmic knife super-heated appears as an ordinary cosmic knife with an orange glow. It will set enemies on fire for a brief period when a critical hit is made. It also has a significantly higher critical multiplier than the other variants, as well as bonus limb damage.
It is possible to execute Flambé Cut outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
The cosmic knife super-heated can successfully strike about 745 times from full condition before breaking.
This weapon must be crafted by the player. It cannot be found on enemies or in containers.
- The required schematics are on a locked terminal (Science 25), in the utility room in the center of the Executive suites floor of the Sierra Madre Casino.
|Cosmic knife super-heated|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Bonus effects||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Cosmic knife fnvdm||12||36||x1.5 limb damage||3||x1||12||20||1.2||745||1||35||35||0||1|
|Cosmic knife clean fnvdm||15||45||x3 limb damage||3||x1.2||15||20||1.5||995||1||50||50||0||1|
|Cosmic knife super-heated fnvdm||14||42||x1.7 limb damage||3||x5||14||20||1.4||745||1||50||50||0||1|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- This weapon has a large critical multiplier, potentially allowing a critical hit with every blow.
- xbox360 ps3 pc The cosmic knife super-heated is not affected by the Cowboy or Super Slam perks.
- xbox360 ps3 pc Although capable of setting non-player characters on fire, this weapon is not affected by the Pyromaniac perk.
- xbox360 ps3 pc The glow layer texture for this weapon is referenced by the weapon's model, but was not included in the resources for Dead Money. This indicates the weapon was intended to produce a glow from only certain parts of the weapon, but instead provides a glow over the entire weapon due to the missing texture.