Fallout 3 locations project
The factory is inhabited by giant ants and contains the bodies of several dead wastelanders, one with a poor-condition laser rifle. At the southern end of the factory is a giant ant queen, who can be killed for her pheromones. Inside, you will find, (along with the wastelanders' bodies), 3 skill books, a few desks and filing cabinets containing random items and some weapon parts. The ants and egg clutches within the factory contain a large amount of ant meat.
Numbers refer to points on the map on the right
- Lying, Congressional Style on the reception desk.
- Big Book of Science in an office up the stairs and to your left when you enter the building. It's located Northeast on the map of the Corvega Factory - entrance portion.
- Dean's Electronics east of the ant queen, up the stairway in the Foreman's office. It can be found under the bodies of either a mercenary, a wastelander, or on the desk next to them. To find the office, go through the main entrance and head to the southern end of the map. Go through the door to the factory floor. The office is in the eastern corner along the southernmost wall.
- Big Book of Science in a rusty dumpster at the rear of the factory next to a truck. You will need to jump down into it from the nearby cliff. Alternatively, hug the cliff edges and you can get down one rock at a time. Warning; you can get stuck behind the barrels and have to fast travel to escape.
- U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes in an overturned truck to the south of the factory under the highway girders.
- Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual in the same truck, inside a locked, (very hard), footlocker. The key to the footlocker is located about 7 steps north from the front of the truck, under an overturned box by a rock and a skeleton.
- A mini nuke in the same truck.
- South of the factory, on the road near the Redrocket station, is a Talon Company patrol consisting of a merc accompanied by a robot. This occurs on the road that runs east-west and is not a random encounter.
- Just inside the factory, is a third Talon Company merc, sprawled dead on the balcony above the main entrance.
- There is a 'Type B' random encounter that occurs by following the road south past the overturned truck under the rail line.
- The overturned truck also contains a separate scripted event where a pair of raiders ambush the player if they try to retrieve the contents of the overturned truck.
- This is one of the three locations in Fallout 3 where a giant ant queen can be found.
- There is a skeleton found just a few feet in front of the truck. It is reaching for a wooden box. Underneath the box can be found an empty whiskey bottle along with the Driver's Key. This key will unlock the contents of the truck.
The Corvega factory appears only in Fallout 3.