Once you have the Contract Killer perk, any good character you kill will have an ear on their corpse. This ear can then be sold to a certain person (whose identity is disclosed when you take the perk) for caps and negative Karma.”— Fallout 3 in-game description
The "certain person"Edit
With this perk, the player can remove an ear from every good human or non-feral ghoul character he or she kills. The ear can then be sold to Daniel Littlehorn at the scrapyard for 15 caps and negative Karma.
- It is the Evil equivalent of the Lawbringer perk.
- Prior to the player selecting this perk, the Scrapyard office will be locked with no way to gain entry and Daniel Littlehorn cannot be spoken to or interacted with.
- An ear will appear only if the one with the perk is credited with the kill. For example, firing a missile at the car behind the target and killing him with the subsequent explosion will not count. Similarly, any death blows landed by followers results in no ear appearing. A kill by the Mysterious Stranger will not yield an ear, either.
- An easy way to earn ears is to go to Rivet City, as the Security Guards re-spawn every three days.
- The most abundant supply of ears you can find are off of Regulators which are encountered randomly through having negative Karma. Slaver-hunting hitmen are also a good supplier of ears as well, should the player also choose to be a slaver.
- ps3 Characters that are essential are also scripted as good characters (including Daniel Littlehorn) and will drop an ear every time they're knocked unconscious, for a potentially endless amount of ears. [verified]