Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Let's wrap this thing up, soldier. We're cold, we're tired and we want our goddamn oil back!”
General Constantine Chase was a pre-War U.S. Army General, most notable for being the commander of the Anchorage Reclamation, a military operation that repelled Chinese forces from Alaska in January of 2077. The Lone Wanderer encounters and receives orders from a computer-generated reconstruction of Chase during their run through the Anchorage Reclamation simulation in the year 2277.
A four-star general in charge of the military assault on Anchorage, Chase is gruff, determined, and a touch over the top with the politics of the day. He is constantly wary of "those Commie Bastards!" and is overtly paranoid that they are up to all sorts of nefarious activities. The official Fallout 3 guide refers to him as your gallant leader, and that talking back to an officer of this rank isn't likely to be tolerated.
Born on November 16, 2027, Chase was a competent military officer, as evident by his successful completion of the Alaska campaign, but his personality was highly controversial. The General was responsible for commissioning the Liberty Prime project, in order to drive the Chinese out of Anchorage, ignoring reports from RobCo and General Atomics researchers that such a combat robot was simply not feasible. He is also responsible for commissioning the making and distribution of the drug Psycho during the war to soldiers, with his pharmaceutical company "General Chase R&D".
Furthermore, after January 2077, he became increasingly arrogant and self-absorbed, to the point of personally overseeing the VSS project responsible for creating the Anchorage simulation. Constantly making alterations and demands, the result was a simulation completely detached from what actually happened in Anchorage.
Chase was also responsible for green lighting the unofficial implementation of a military Chinese invasion training protocol in Vault 112's Tranquility Lane simulation, at the request of Stanislaus Braun. (Officially, the request was denied.)
According to the ribbons on the general's uniform in the simulation, he was the recipient of the Defense Distinguished Service medal, Army Distinguished Service Cross, Army Distinguished Service medal, Silver Star, Legion of Merit, Joint Service Commendation medal, Army Commendation medal, Antarctica Service medal, Armed Forces Expeditionary medal, Gold Lifesaving medal, and Armed Forces Reserve medal. However, Chase's self-obsession and flair for hyperbole may mean his list of military accolades is highly suspect.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Paving the Way: he will congratulate the player character for destroying the artillery batteries, give them command of their own Strike Team, and give them their next set of objectives
- Operation: Anchorage!: he will appear after defeating Jingwei and state that the simulation is now complete.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- After the first briefing, he will tell the Lone Wanderer to talk to Thomas Morgan for squad details.
- Chase will yell at the player character saying, "you're fixing to have a size 10 combat boot shoved up your candy ass", if they state the simulation isn't real.
Chase cannot be pickpocketed.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|General Chase's overcoat||-||-||-|
- He is the only non-player character in the game that smokes a cigar (as opposed to cigarettes).
- In Mothership Zeta, an item marked General Chase's Overcoat can be found in the Military locker in the waste disposal. However, when worn it appears to be a a clean variant of winterized combat armor that is missing a glove. Additionally, a holotape titled "Anchorage quartermaster shipment" is also contained in the locker, however, it cannot be played.
- In the real world U.S military, his facial hair wouldn't be within regulations.
- "Soldier, you're fixing to have a size 10 combat boot shoved up your candy ass."
- "Damn fine work you did taking out those guns. Damn fine!"
- "Let's wrap this thing up, soldier. We're cold, we're tired and we want our goddamn oil back!"
General Constantine Chase appears only in the Anchorage Reclamation simulation in the Fallout 3 add-on, Operation: Anchorage. In the base game, he is mentioned through historical references via computer terminals in the Citadel and inside the Tranquility Lane simulation.