| ||For the female player character equivalent perk, see Cherchez La Femme.|
In combat, you do +10% damage against male opponents. Outside of combat, you'll sometimes have access to unique dialogue options when dealing with the same sex.”— Fallout: New Vegas game files
This perk gives males an additional +10% damage bonus on other male targets, and more dialogue options with certain male characters.
Unique dialogue optionsEdit
- You can ask Major Knight at the Mojave Outpost if you want to be "friends", to which he will respond favorably, but also say that such "friendships" aren't looked on particularly fondly at the outpost.
- You can sympathize with Manny Vargas' plight and listen to him complain about his problems. He will then tell you where Benny was headed from Novac without doing Come Fly With Me for him, though he will still give you the quest marker.
- You can flirt with Arcade Gannon and convince him to join you as a companion.
- When speaking to Cass about herself, she will mention she likes tough men. You can use this perk to make it clear you're not interested in her in any romantic way.
- You can compliment Jack, starting the Young Hearts quest.
- During That Lucky Old Sun, players with Confirmed Bachelor can calm Ignacio Rivas. If you have a low Intelligence, the Bachelor dialogue option changes to "You too tense. It wrinkle your nice face."
- You can convince Old Ben to work for James Garret during Wang Dang Atomic Tango.
- Players with this perk can get a discount with Jimmy at the Casa Madrid Apartments.
- During How Little We Know, you can compliment a male prostitute on his 'beautiful body,' and in return learn that Cachino can be found in the Brimstone bar (You can do this with any male prostitute in and around the Gomorrah, but you can only use the perk once.) The player's dialogue choice is "If I told you you have a beautiful body, would you tell me where Cachino is?" which is from a saying "If I told you you have a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
- During Dead Money, after you have rescued Christine from the auto-doc, you can use this perk to understand that she's trying to tell you that she loved a fellow member of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- Although there is no Confirmed Bachelor dialogue option, Dr. Alex Richards at Camp Forlorn Hope will make flirtatious comments towards male player characters with the perk. Upon speaking to him, he says such things as "There's my little buttercup. What can I do for you?" or "Whoa! Is it just me or did it get a little bit hotter in here?" When talking to him the first time, he says "I'm always a sucker for a pretty face, what can I do for you my fine dear?"
- During Beyond the Beef, the Courier can lure Carlyle St. Clair III by proposing to have sex with him in a dumpster.
- In Old World Blues, the Courier can attempt to hit on their own brain.
Behind the scenesEdit
"Confirmed Bachelor" was a common euphemism in the 1940's and 50's for a homosexual man.