Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
While using a rifle (or similar two-handed weapon), your accuracy in V.A.T.S. is significantly increased.”— In-game description, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas
Rigorous combat training means automatic weapons do 20% more damage.”— In-game description, Fallout 4
Fallout 3 and Fallout: New VegasEdit
In Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, the perk increases your chance to hit in V.A.T.S. by 25%. This bonus is multiplicative, not additive.
Affected weapons in Fallout 3Edit
Affected weapons in Fallout: New VegasEdit
- Anti-materiel rifle
- 12.7mm submachine gun
- Assault carbine
- Marksman carbine
- Cowboy repeater
- La Longue Carabine
- Hunting rifle
- This Machine
- Laser RCW
- Laser rifle
- Tri-beam laser rifle
- AER14 prototype
- Plasma rifle
- Multiplas rifle
- Q-35 matter modulator
- Gauss rifle
- Recharger rifle
- Caravan shotgun
- Hunting shotgun
- Dinner Bell
- Single shotgun
- Riot shotgun
- Sniper rifle
- Gobi Campaign scout rifle
- Light machine gun
- Service rifle
- Survivalist's rifle
- Grenade rifle
- .45 Auto submachine gun
- Trail carbine (Needs verification)
Rigorous combat training means automatic weapons do 20% more damage.”— Rank 1 description
|1||AGI 2||Rigorous combat training means automatic weapons do 20% more damage.||0004a0c5|
|2||AGI 2, LVL 11||Attacks with automatic weapons do 40% more damage, with improved hip fire accuracy.||0004a0c6|
|3||AGI 2, LVL 21||Attacks with automatic weapons do 60% more damage. Hip fire accuracy is improved even more.||0004a0c7|
|4||AGI 2, LVL 35||Attacks with automatic weapons do 80% more damage and gain a chance to stagger opponents.||0006fa24|
|5||AGI 2, LVL 49||Your automatic weapons now do double damage and have a greater chance to stagger opponents.||00065e0d|
Ranks 2 and 3 each add 10% hip-fire accuracy, for +20% total. Rank 4 gives a 4% chance to stagger a target. Rank 5 increases this to a 6% chance. In addition, if Nuka-World is installed, Commando now becomes a crafting perk, mainly for the automatic variant of the handmade rifle.
Affected weapons in Fallout 4Edit
- 10mm auto pistol
- Automatic pipe gun
- Submachine gun
- Automatic assault rifle
- Automatic combat rifle
- Automatic combat shotgun
- Automatic railway rifle
- Automatic laser gun
- Automatic plasma gun
- Automatic Institute laser
- Automatic Gamma gun
- Automatic Tesla rifle Automatron_(add-on)
- Automatic Radium rifle Far Harbor (add-on)
In general, Commando affects any automatic pistol or automatic rifle, but, despite its wording, does not affect automatic heavy weapons. There are also exceptions - for example, a pistol-gripped plasma thrower is automatic, but is affected by Gunslinger, not Commando.
- In Fallout 3, this perk affects all two-handed Small Guns and Energy Weapons. It does not affect any other types of weapons, including all Big Guns.
- Because it is a multiplicative bonus, it effectively negates the penalty of the Fast Shot trait in Fallout: New Vegas when using two-handed weapons (1.25 x 0.8 = 1).
- The above lists are not comprehensive. In Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, the perk does not use a list of weapons to apply the bonus, it simply looks to see if the animation type used in VATS is either that of a 2 handed rifle or 2 handed automatic weapon. If it is, it gets the perk bonus.
- In Fallout 4 it seems any weapon with an automatic receiver receives benefits from "commando perk", so if you turn a pistol into an automatic pistol then it will get the benefits of the perk and lose the benefits from the Gunslinger perk.
- The rifle in perk image of Fallout 4 is Assault rifle (Fallout 3), which does not appear in Fallout 4.