| ||For an overview of combat knifes in the Fallout series, see combat knife.|
The military issue combat knife is a rather common melee weapon in Fallout 3. It is affected by the melee damage bonus from Strength. It is one of the better low-level melee weapons, and can get around 3-4 strikes in V.A.T.S., even with a reasonable number of AP and a fast swing speed outside of V.A.T.S. However, it has extremely short reach, about that of an unarmed weapon. With 10 Luck, it becomes an extremely potent weapon that will critically hit almost once every 4 to 5 hits.
The combat knife itself has a single edge with a clipped point, with a serrated edge on the back. It is of the standard Bowie shape.
The combat knife has the highest value-to-weight ratio of any non-unique melee weapon in the game.
The combat knife can successfully strike about 1286 times from full condition before breaking.
- Occam's Razor - A slightly stronger version of the combat knife, wielded by Talon Commander Jabsco.
- Stabhappy - Stabhappy shares all of its stats with Occam's Razor, but has two principle differences. Firstly, the raider that holds it respawns, allowing multiple copies to be obtained. Secondly, it deals an additional 50% damage to limbs.
- Charon's combat knife - A unique, non-playable version used by Charon with identical stats to the regular version.
- Trench knife Operation: Anchorage (add-on) - The trench knife's stats are identical to the regular combat knife. The only difference is a unique "knuckle-duster" skin.
- Sim version combat knife Operation: Anchorage (add-on) - A sim-only version of the weapon which differs only in health (essentially non-degrading).
- Sim version trench knife Operation: Anchorage (add-on) - A sim-only version of the weapon which differs only in health (essentially non-degrading).
- Swampfolk combat knife Point Lookout (add-on) - A non-playable version of the weapon used only by Point Lookout's swampfolk, this version has identical stats but has an object effect which inflicts an extra 35 damage per hit when used by non-player characters against the player. This damage ignores Damage Resistance and is independent of the condition of the weapon.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio|
|Trench knife fo3oa||7||21||3||x3||13||17||0.8||1286||1||50||50|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Combat knives are found on random raiders and Talon Company mercs across the Wastelands.
- Eight combat knives may be found in the Regulator HQ.
- Four in the National Guard depot's armory.
- Three in Wheaton armory.
- Three are found in the Smith's basement as well as the garden shed in Andale.
- Three in Dominic and Machete's house.
- Three in Lock and Load in Paradise Falls.
- One can be found at Flak 'N Shrapnel's in the Rivet City market.
- Common loot in containers across the Capital Wasteland.
- Common loot found on wastelanders.
- Broken Steel Thirteen combat knives in perfect condition can be found in the mobile base crawler's kitchen, middle deck.