The Combat Zone is the former Orpheum Theatre that has been repurposed into a fight club for raiders. It is located at Hamilton Place just off Tremont Street. It is also the location of a potential companion, Cait, with whom the Sole Survivor meets after speaking with Tommy Lonegan.
In the entrance, two raiders are behind a security gate that can be unlocked via the adjacent terminal. They remain non-hostile. In the same area is an Expert safe.
Within the theater, a large cage dominates the stage area. All inhabitants except Tommy and Cait turn hostile, the latter taking refuge inside the cage until the battle is over. At that time, Tommy may award the Sole Survivor with around 100 bottlecaps for clearing this area.
Once cleared, one can find several stations: On the left as upon entering are a weapons workbench and an armor workbench. A chemistry station is on the right hand side of the entrance, and a cooking station is also on the right towards the stage area, as well as a second to the left of the main doors.
- Picket Fences issue #4 - On a table in front of the fighting cage.
- 1 mini nuke - On a chair in the rear row of the balcony, near a sleeping bag.
- Nuka-Cherry - Inside an elevated shack along the northern wall of the hall on a table next to an ammo box.
- When Cait 'wins' the scripted fight, there is a chance that it will trigger Idiot Savant.
|The following is based on Fallout 4 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Unused voice clips for Tommy Lonegan reveal that the Combat Zone was going to be an arena the player could participate in. Tommy makes reference to prize money and a lift in the basement that takes combatants up into the arena. This was cut for unknown reasons, but the location remained likely due to Bethesda attempting to keep Cait in the game.
- On PC, using the console command coc combatzone02 will teleport the player character to an unused basement of the combat zone with dressing rooms, an elevator lift, and stairs to the main stage, etc. coc combatzone01 can be used to return to the uncut combat zone.
|End of information based on Fallout 4 cut content.|
The Combat Zone only appears in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
The "Combat Zone" was the 1960s to 1980s name for the red light and adult entertainment district (Chinatown) near the in-game location, the name referring to both the crime and soldiers that frequented the area. In real life, the area today has changed due to re-zoning starting in the early 1990s and is not currently considered a red light district. As due to the zone changes, most of the adult books stores, sex shops and peep shows closed down. Interestingly, the real life Combat Zone came to be in part because the nearby Scollay Square was demolished, although in the Fallout Universe, Scollay Square was never demolished, as can be seen when the player visits Goodneighbor and the Memory Den. There are also references to Scollay Square on Diamond City Radio.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|