All clear Sentinel. Five Mutants released from their torment. The rest are keeping their heads down”
A sniper in Lyons' Pride, Colvin is 40, friendly, and warm to everyone; he has priest-like tendencies. To him, combat is like worship, and he treats his rifle as a holy object and his targets as the unfortunate victims of his God's wrath. He says a prayer for the soul of each mutant he kills. He's extremely experienced, and completely unflappable: all according to God's will.
Colvin is a member of the Lyons' Pride, which he considers his family.
Interactions with the player character
- Following in His Footsteps: Colvin is among the members of Lyons' Pride who attack the super mutants at Galaxy News Radio. After the player completes the quest he returns to the Citadel.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Lyons' Pride power armor
|AER9 laser rifle or R91 assault rifle||-||Brotherhood of Steel holotag|
- Aside from his initial appearance outside GNR, he appears in no subsequent quests or side missions, even those involving other Pride members.
- Of all the Lyons Pride members, Colvin is the nicest to the player character upon first meeting them.
- "My Brothers may be gruff, but they will lay down their lives for you."
- "This looks like the main force. Many tormented souls will meet the Maker today. I will pray for forgiveness."
- "Let's see the Outcasts do that."
Knight Captain Colvin appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes
Knight Captain Colvin is likely a reference to the character Private Daniel Jackson (played by Barry Pepper) in the movie Saving Private Ryan. Like Colvin, Jackson is an army marksman who says a prayer before taking each shot. Interestingly, Colvin's fellow Lyons' Pride member, Knight Captain Dusk, also references Jackson with her quote "Put any mutie bastard within one mile of me and my rifle and, well... pack it up troops. Fight's over."