| ||This is an overview article which contains background information and cross-game comparisons. For game-specific information and stats, see the articles linked on the right.|
10mm pistols are sidearms using the 10mm ammunition that was common before the Great War. They were used extensively by the Bureau of Alcohol, Drugs, Tobacco, Firearms and Lasers, while in the military such pistols were being phased out in favor of energy weapons.
Colt 6520 10mm pistolEdit
The Colt 6520 10mm autoloading pistol is a highly durable and efficient weapon developed by Colt Firearms prior to the Great War. It proved to be resistant to the desert-like conditions of the post-nuclear wasteland and is a fine example of workmanship and quality construction (at least for the pre-War models, which became more scarce over time). The simple design of the gun allows it to be easily manufactured with relatively basic equipment, making it possible to be replicated in workshops in the post-nuclear world.
N80 10mm pistolEdit
N99 10mm pistolEdit
After the phase out of the N80 in 2051, the N99 sidearm became standard issue military gear. The N99 was known for its ability to survive in the harshest of conditions and did so in many tests, as the weapon was able to reliably be restored to working condition after an extended period of time exposed to hard elements and without maintenance.
The N99 proved to stand up to its claims and as a result, is one of the most common weapons found in use in the wasteland. While many civilian weapons were ruined beyond use in the extreme conditions following the War, the N99 is commonly able to be easily restored to working order by anyone with even the most basic knowledge of firearm mechanics. Vault-Tec issued them to vault security units, as seen in Vault 101 where the security is only armed with N99's.
However, an N99 in poor condition can often deliver low target and armor penetration, frequent jamming, and greatly reduced accuracy. Fortunately, the weapon was produced in great numbers and many units are available for replacement parts.
Most N99s found in the Commonwealth are equipped with short barrels.
- For the unique version that appears in Fallout 3, see Colonel Autumn's 10mm pistol
- For the NPC version found in Fallout 3, see Butch's 10mm pistol
- For the unique version that appears in the Fallout: New Vegas Classic Pack add-on, see: weathered 10mm pistol
- For other versions in Fallout Shelter, see rusty 10mm pistol, enhanced 10mm pistol, hardened 10mm pistol and armor piercing 10mm pistol
- For the unique version that appears in Fallout Shelter, see Lone Wanderer
- According to the Fallout Shelter description of the 10mm pistol, it is the most commonly used handgun in the wasteland
Silenced N99 10mm pistolEdit
An N99 10mm pistol equipped with a suppressor. The benefit of the suppressor is that when one fires at an enemy and kills them with the first shot, no nearby enemies will be alerted. The downside is the slightly decreased damage compared to a regular N99.
Shanxi Type 17 Chinese pistolEdit
This Chinese 10mm pistol is a larger-caliber variant of the original German 9mm Mauser. It has a worse spread than the N99 pistol, deals less damage per bullet, and holds less ammunition in a magazine.
Zhu-Rong v418 Chinese pistolEdit
|The following is based on Fallout 2 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Hand-made pistol with one shot piecemeal.
- Hard Boiled comic book front cover, 10mm original can be clearly seen
- SOURCE: In depth discussion thread about 10mm pistol on NMA