| || This page is about the version that appears in Fallout 3 without the Broken Steel add-on. For the modified version that appears with the Broken Steel add-on, see Colonel Autumn's laser pistol (Broken Steel).|
For an overview of laser pistol models in the Fallout series of games, see laser pistol.
Colonel Autumn's laser pistol
The AEP7 laser pistol was put into service to replace the AEP5 model. With a generous battery size, tight shot grouping at range, resilience to extended use, and fairly decent damage output, it is a very good choice for a sidearm and is used extensively in this role by the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave in the Capital Wasteland.
As the successor to the AEP5, it boasted a redesigned focusing crystal pattern, an improved photonic focusing chamber, and selectable laser focus, wavelength, pulse energy and repetition rate. In addition, it was lighter and less bulky than its predecessor and was perceived as a step toward replacing the N99 10mm pistol with a laser weapon as the standard issue sidearm for military forces.
The AEP7 was produced in large numbers, thanks to newly developed manufacturing technologies in the United States, although logistics and supply issues in pre-War USA, caused by its prolonged war with China, prevented its wide-scale deployment.
The weapon, like many other unique weapon variants, is visually identical to its common counterpart, in this case being the AEP7 laser pistol. It is fully automatic (unless Broken Steel is installed), and has a 30 round capacity. It is powered by easy to find energy cells, uses very few action points, but it can only be repaired manually.
Colonel Autumn's laser pistol can fire a total of about 1250 shots, the equivalent of 42 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Laser pistol - The common variant in Fallout 3.
- Broken Steel Colonel Autumn's laser pistol (Broken Steel) - a unique variant carried by Colonel Autumn with the add-on Broken Steel installed.
- Protectron's Gaze - A unique variant given by the Mechanist.
- Smuggler's End - a unique variant carried by Elder Lyons.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio|
|Colonel Autumn's laser pistol||10||120||12||x0.08||22||2||17||1.2||0.0||30||1250||2||420||210|
|Colonel Autumn's laser pistol fo3bs||18||108||6||x1.5||18||1||17||1.1||0.0||30||694||3||420||140|
It is found on Colonel Autumn in the Jefferson Memorial Rotunda, during the quest Take it Back!
- Previous to Broken Steel Colonel Autumn's laser pistol was marked as a quest item, making it possible to bring in to Tranquility Lane, the Operation Anchorage simulation and The Pitt. Although there are no energy cells to be found in Operation Anchorage or Tranquility Lane, making it useless, energy cells can be looted from Protectrons making it usable in The Pitt. Although he Pipboy cannot be accessed while in the Tranquilty Lane simulation it can still be equipped if it is already bound to a hotkey. It can be removed from the player's inventory by using it to repair another laser pistol.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Citadel terminal entry on the AEP7 laser pistol in Fallout 3. 
- ↑ DCTA laser firearms protocol.