The Coast Guard Pier was a facility of the United States Coast Guard on the Charles River southwest of Boston. Just prior to the Great War, the coast guard had intercepted a shipment of smuggled chems.
This location has two buildings: the main building and a small guard tower next to the river. There are also a couple of trailers. To the north there is a crashed Vertibird, and in the river next to the guard tower there is a sunken ship.
Inside the main building there are two floors. On the first floor, one will find the evidence lockup and one cell. Inside the evidence lockup there is quite a bit of ammo and Buffout. There are three safes, two in the lockup room in the basement, and one upstairs (middle floor depending on which entrance is taken) near the southwest corner in an area that looks like the office area. One of the trailers is locked and trapped, but can be disarmed through the back window.
- The USCG holding cell key can be found inside a crashed Vertibird, in the footlocker behind the seat. Opens a holding cell in the ruined building.
- The USCG lockup password can be found in the sunken ship at the rear dock, just inside the submerged cabin-house, inside a chest on the left floor. Barnacles along the edge of the dock can deal significant radiation damage if approached too closely. The password gives access to evidence room on the bottom floor of the main Coast Guard Pier building.
- Astoundingly Awesome Tales #2 can be found in a cell in the Coast Guard lock up on the toilet. The cell door normally requires Expert lockpicking, but the lockup terminal located on the desk in the same room will open the door. One can also use the holding cell key from the Vertibird.
- Eddie Winter holotape 9 on the Advanced locked safe on the second floor of the main building.
- Nuka-Cherry on a table on the rooftop.
- Mini nuke on the roof behind the wooden crate, next to the meat bag.
- Kidnapping - Super mutants can take up residence in this location after they have kidnapped a settler. The Sole Survivor is required to come here and free the settler.
- Long Time Coming - One of the Eddie Winter holotapes is to be found here.
- Cleansing the Commonwealth - possible radiant location.
- Quartermastery - possible radiant location.
- Randolph Safehouse - possible radiant location.
- Greenskins - possible radiant location.
- There is an assault rifle located on the right hand side in the cockpit of the destroyed Vertibird. It can be acquired by jumping towards the front of the Vertibird and looking at it, or by throwing a well-aimed grenade to move it from its original location. When travelling with Dogmeat, it is possible that he will find and bring this weapon to the Sole Survivor.
- There's an armor workbench in the locked and trapped trailer and a weapons workbench in the trailer closest to the pier.
- The holding cell features clean, Vault-style beds.
The Coast Guard Pier appears only in Fallout 4.