Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cliffside cavern functions as a raider outpost in the southern portion of the Capital Wasteland, east of Tenpenny Tower and west of Andale. However, the raiders found out that they were not the only inhabitants of the cave, and placed mines in front of the entrance to the yao guai cave.
Cliffside cavern can be accessed through two fence gate entrances. One is west of Andale in the direction of Tenpenny Tower at the bottom of a path down the hill. The other entrance is in a small but steep valley into the hillside north-northwest of The Overlook Drive-In, or northeast of the first entrance. It is secured by a hard lock.
The raider outpost section is a medium/large two story cave that contains 12 raiders as well as a yao guai near the entrance to the yao guai cave. On entering the raider outpost from the steep hillside, (north-northwest of the Drive-In), there is a tripwire attached to a shotgun which sits on the sideways fridges. Numerous beds, suitable for sleeping, can be found in the raider outpost section. The paths leading to both the locked fence gate and yao guai cave have mines scattered about and there are traps to be avoided throughout the area, including grenade and tripwire traps. The area of the cavern in the second northern-most room contains a tent and 2 beds, (this is not the room with the entrance to the yao guai cave). Inside the caverns, exits to the Capital Wasteland are located at the southern and eastern most areas of the local map and the entrance to the cave is the northern most area.
Yao guai caveEdit
The yao guai cave section is a small two story cave that is the second section in Cliffside cavern. Six yao guai inhabit this section and can be found wandering around the cave. At the entrance from the raider outpost there are a couple of mines set down the path leading to the big area of the cave. There is a single main path that covers the entire cave with the exception of the lower level where it branches off into two smaller areas.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum - close to the southern exit, on a table, on a platform with two generators.
- Grognak the Barbarian - on the upper middle level of the raider base, behind the generator. If you are coming from the eastern hard-locked entrance, it is the first generator you see, on the left.
- Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual - on top of a small bookshelf in the northwestern chamber on the way to the tent. A raider with a missile launcher might spawn in the tent to the west and, should they fire the launcher, the book could be blown anywhere if it is near the explosion.
- Schematics - Nuka grenade - in lower part of the yao guai cave, at the west-northwestern most wall surrounded by several skeletons.
- Mini nuke - in the tent in the northwestern chamber, on top of one of the safes.
- Pre-War book - on the round table next to the bed found in the tent mentioned above.
- Located in the tunnel that leads down into the outpost's cavern from the south is a bizarrely mutilated body with skulls bursting out of its chest. Most notably is the one skull with beaming illuminated eyes that is held into place by a skeletal hand that appears to rise from the mouth of the other (see gallery).
- The area outside the front entrance is a random encounter location.
- The yao guai cave is not to be confused with the yao guai tunnels which contains the Sneak bobblehead, as they are not connected to each other in any way but name.
Cliffside cavern appears only in Fallout 3.