|Brotherhood of Steel radiant quest: Cleansing the Commonwealth|
|Travel to the location to cleanse.|
|Eliminate the target.|
|Report to Knight Rhys.|
|Reward: 200 XP|
Each quest gives a random location containing a group of foes, either super mutants, feral ghouls, Children of Atom or synths. The Sole Survivor must eliminate the target among the group and report to Knight Rhys for the reward. It is not necessary to eliminate the whole group of troublemakers, there is only one targeted individual that the player must eliminate.
- Aldersea Day Spa Far_Harbor_(add-on)
- Beaver Creek Lanes Far_Harbor_(add-on)
- Bedford Station
- Big John's salvage
- Boston mayoral shelter
- Breakheart Banks
- Coast Guard Pier
- College Square Station
- Crater house
- Eagle's Cove Tannery Far_Harbor_(add-on)
- Fallon's department store
- Faneuil Hall
- Four Leaf fishpacking plant
- Gwinnett brewery
- Hubris Comics
- Jalbert Brothers Disposal
- Kitteredge Pass Far_Harbor_(add-on)
- Mahkra Fishpacking
- Mass Pike Tunnel
- Medford Memorial Hospital
- National Guard training yard
- National Park Campground Far_Harbor_(add-on)
- Parkview Lounge
- Poseidon Reservoir
- Scrap Palace
- Shaw High School
- Suffolk County charter school
- Super Duper Mart
- Trinity Plaza
- University Point
- West Roxbury station
- Wicked Shipping Fleet Lockup
- Wilson Atomatoys Corporate HQ
- Wilson Atomatoys factory
- Vim! Pop factory Far_Harbor_(add-on)
- pc If you have previously visited or cleared any of these locations prior to receiving the quest, they may reset enemies and loot when you return to them.
- In order to complete the mission "Clear out Gwinnett brewery", you actually need to clear out the Gwinnett restaurant.
- pc ps4 Bugged out on Coast Guard Pier, Breakheart Banks, Bedford Station, and University Point section to some and will not allow completion (Verified on Breakheart Banks and using the console command completequest will break the quest giver Knight Rhys making him repeat a few verses saying that the location is not going to clear itself.[verified]
- Breakheart Banks bug duplicated and verified. The quest can be completed with the command player.setstage bosr01 40. This will complete any active Cleansing the Commonwealth quest and enable the player to turn in the quest.
- Breakheart Banks bug duplicated and verified on Xbox One. On fast-traveling in, the compass marker was absent. After walking around looking (unsuccessfully) for bad guys with V.A.T.S., the marker reappeared. However, the distance marker disappears when the distance is below a value of 33 to about 55. When approaching from the West, it is possible to get closer before the marker disappears. The critical distance is larger when the Sole Survivor is to the East of Breakheart Banks. It may be significant that prior to attempting a "clean-up", the Artillery was called in. Maybe the explosions blew a Super Mutant a long way away, and he survived. Multiple attempts to clear this by returning to Rhys were ineffective.
- pc Locations do not always reset, and while the area may already be cleared, the quest will not complete.[verified]
- pc In rare cases this quest can cause your whole game to simply crash, causing you to lose valuable progress.[verified]
- pc This quest may give you a Far Harbor location, even if you have not started the Far Harbor questline yet.[verified] This can be fixed with the console command player.setstage bosr01 40 (see the note above), which sets the quest state to "Report to Knight Rhys".
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.