Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I can't believe that an entire pack moved into the quarry. I thought that kind of bad luck only happened in New Vegas.”— Chomps Lewis
|Unmarked Quest: Claws Out|
|Travel to Sloan and speak to Chomps Lewis.|
|Discuss why the miners are not working, and agree to look into the deathclaw problem at his quarry.|
|Proceed to Quarry Junction and eliminate the deathclaw mother, and the deathclaw alpha male.|
|Return to Sloan and speak to Chomps Lewis to complete the quest, and get the reward.|
|Reward: NCR fame|
Head to the quarry, and kill both the alpha male and the deathclaw mother. The mother is with the youngsters at all times. The targeted deathclaws must be killed. Then the Courier can return and get their reward.
- The player is required to be level 15 to get the quest from Chomps Lewis.
- If the player informs Lewis that they will attempt to remove the deathclaws, they will receive 5 stimpaks as well as 5 super stimpaks. These items are extremely useful during the quest. If the player is at a low level he will remark that he doesn't think you'd be able to do it and he won't give you any stimpaks.
- This quest can be started and completed before even speaking to Chomps Lewis. Simply speak to him after it is completed for the reward.
- Two or three days after the alpha male and the mother deathclaw are killed, the deathclaws will leave the area.
- Finishing this quest will not make quarry workers appear in Quarry Junction, but rather they will show up in Boulder City and will patronize the Big Horn Saloon. Additionally, the bartender will mention that "some badass" wiped out the deathclaws.
- Killing the deathclaw babies will frenzy the deathclaw mother.
- Deathclaws' large size makes it hard for them to maneuver up piles of rocks or around certain objects. The quarry thus makes it easier to find these piles and keep away from them while you attack.
- It's suggested by many characters such as Trudy and Chomps Lewis that higher level Couriers attempt this quest.
- If Chomps Lewis is dead then you may not be able to finish this quest.