Well, look at you! It's so rare I get a volunteer. Yes, let's head to my special room. Follow me, we'll talk there.”
Not much is known about Clanden's history. On the surface he appears to be a peaceful and relatively normal person, but further investigation reveals a much darker reality. He is able to build a variety of explosive and chemical weapons, even boasting that he could create a nuclear bomb if he wished to do so. In 2281, he was hired by the Omertas for their work with Caesar's Legion to build a device to poison the residents of the Strip with chlorine gas. In return, the Omertas turn a blind eye to his violent and sadistic activities in their casino.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|Pre-War relaxed wear||.44 magnum revolver
|Zoara Club key
Clanden's room key
- If Clanden is confronted in his suite and he becomes hostile, killing him may alert the guard who patrols the hallway outside, resulting in all of the Omerta thugs in the casino becoming hostile.
- There are many signs of violence in Clanden's suite, including evidence of a struggle in the kitchen, multiple pools of blood as well as blood tracks on the carpet.
- A room in the suites level that can be opened with his key contains a dead prostitute. A Medicine skill of 35 or higher reveals that the woman was tortured for several hours and then murdered. Judging by the livor mortis, the body was there for less than a day.
- Clanden will disappear from his room and the casino after receiving the weapon components during How Little We Know.
- Clanden may reappear later, locked in a jail cell at the NCR Embassy, but will have no new dialogue options as if he is still in his suite at Gomorrah and will not attempt to escape even if the cell door is opened. There is no penalty (and no hostility on the part of the NCR) if he is murdered in his jail cell.
- Clanden may be killed by the Securitrons after he enters Freeside through the The Strip North Gate.
- He may also be found wandering directly southwest of Ranger Station Charlie fighting two Vipers. If an attempt is made to speak with him, there will be no dialogue options available and he will talk as if he is still living in his room at Gomorrah. Positive Karma is granted upon killing him and his room key, a Zoara Club key, assorted ammunition, his clothing, and his .44 magnum revolver can be looted.
- Killing Clanden with a submachine gun, a light machine gun or a minigun does not count towards the Nyah! See? challenge, as he is only a mercenary hired by the Omertas.
- "I'm a close friend of some of the family around here. I do some independent contracting around the casino, and they set me up with this great room."
- "Well, look at you! It's so rare I get a volunteer. Yes, let's head to my special room. Follow me, we'll talk there."
- "Blowing shit up, of course. Thing is, they don't need things to blow up, they need people to die in a fairly large area in a fairly small timeframe."
Clanden appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
ps3 xbox360 pc The Gomorrah prostitute may be found standing (seemingly alive) inside the locked room. This appears to be the case especially if the player character has picked the lock to the room instead of opening it with Clanden's looted key. She will greet the Courier, utter random phrases, and even wander out into the hallway. Attempting to speak with the "corpse" will still prompt for the Medical skill check. She will still respawn even after completely dismembered. [verified]