|The following is based on Van Buren and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Convincing Azkee that he is wrong is quantifying infinity.”
Hard working, but generally poor. Nobody has more than a few caps on them, and most of their equipment is cheap and primitive, they would prefer more electronics but they are in short supply. Despite their worsening health, they have high morale and will defend their home to the death. While many other families chose to adopt a nomadic lifestyle to avoid the perpetual thirst and hunger. Those with very young children or Ciphers too old and feeble to travel remain full-time in the village. Both Cipher men and women are capable fighters, and even the children are taught how to fight as soon as they're able as a matter of practicality.
From the morning to evening 3-4 Cipher adults can be found working in the kitchens making soybean paste and other foods, a group of four will be on guard duty and the rest will be diligently tending the crops in the greenhouses on the Mesa Top. As night falls they will retire to their dwellings throughout the village.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Kill the weedlings: When the Prisoner first arrives at the Mesa Top he will find Denom and some Ciphers battling a group of weedlings in one of the greenhouses. Whether or not the Prisoner assists or not is up to him.
- Rescue the captured Ciphers: After the Vipers have been dealt with, slavers of Caesar's Legion will learn of the development and pose as a caravan seeking to do trade. Because of the narrow trail the caravan can't make its way to the village, forcing the Ciphers to come to them. This tactic has worked and the slavers have managed to capture several Ciphers including children. Azkee wants the Prisoner to rescue as many as possible.
zip gun or
cattle prod* or
* Due to the scarcity of these tech items in Mesa Verde, only some Ciphers actually carry them.
- "His numbers are not sound."
- "Convincing Azkee that he is wrong is quantifying infinity."
- "We cannot leave this place. The sum of all numbers is here; to move away is to wither and die."
- "We trust in the numbers because they do not lie."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Mesa Verde design document/3 - Room for Improvement
- ↑ Mesa Verde design document/1 - Area Background
- ↑ Mesa Verde design document/1 - Cipher Adults
- ↑ Mesa Verde design document/2 - Kill the weedlings
- ↑ Mesa Verde design document/2 - Rescue the captured Ciphers