The Cherry Bomb is a fancy sports car with a design optimized for aerodynamics, and was advertised on billboards as "The first car to break the sound barrier" in 2069. It has a low overall profile with wedged front and a tapered, boat-like nose, and can seat only one person under an all-glass bubble top. Rather than a typical steering wheel found in other pre-War vehicles, the Cherry Bomb appeared to have been controlled using a joystick, and the gauges replaced with a single large screen, the steering being representive of the Firebird 3, a concept car in 1959. It also slightly resembles the Firebird 3 with its low, lean design.
- One can be found in pre-War Sanctuary Hills during the quest War Never Changes.
- One can be found behind the church in Salem.
- One can be found at Gibson Point pier.
- One can be found parked at the Cambridge church.
- One can be found at the Fort Hagen filling station.
- One can be found at Sullivan's diner smashed into the sidewall near The Castle.
- Far Harbor (add-on) One can be found at Cliff's Edge Hotel.
- Far Harbor (add-on) One can be found at Waves Crest Orphanage.
- Nuka-World (add-on) One can be found in Bradberton's office.
- Despite being a supposedly high-end sports car, it is a common appearance in the Commonwealth.
- Its billboard ads' claim of "being able to break the sound barrier" would mean it is capable of attaining a road speed of higher than 767 mph (1,234 km/h), although it is likely hyperbole as being able to attain such a speed in a civilian car would be immensely impractical and impossible for a number of reasons.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Forza Motorsport 6, this car is called "Chryslus Rocket 69" and is drivable to those who played either Forza Motorsport 6 or Fallout 4 during the first quarter of 2016. For more information, see the Chryslus Rocket 69's Forza Motorsport Wiki article.