| ||This page is about the location in Fallout 3. For the company, see Chryslus Motors.|
It was the head office of Chryslus Motors, which manufactured automobiles before the Great War of 2077. At the time, Chryslus was promoting the $199,999.99 Corvega, which was produced at the Corvega Factory, located southwest of Vault 108. In the years since the war, it has become a stronghold for super mutants and centaurs.
Right behind the building itself there is a baseball field, and in it two raiders will spawn. One, on the pitchers mound, will be equipped with frag grenades and the other, on home plate with a baseball bat. They don't actually throw and hit the grenades but just stand there till they detect and attack you. The raider with the baseball bat will sometimes run around the bases, bat in hand.
The building's interior is totally ruined and is overrun with super mutants. In the large reception area, there is a blue model Chryslus car on display behind the reception desk. This area consists of two floors with office rooms around the reception area.
The lower offices also have 2 floors; the upper one has some offices, the lower is simply a storage room. There are large holes in the floor everywhere. The basement has a cantina, kitchen and some storage shelves.
- A Guns and Bullets skill book and a scoped .44 magnum can be found in the northern part, behind an average level terminal-locked door (this room is the room with the stairwell that leads to the building lower offices) next to an ammunition box on a table (it is located in the same room as the Nuka-Cola vending machine).
- A Nuka-Cola Quantum can be found in a crate under a desk in a small room south-west of the entrance. In order to access this desk, it is through a hole in the left wall and is mostly filled with collapsed ceiling debris. The room is in the south-east corner of the map.
- A Pugilism Illustrated can be found in the upstairs area (first level of the 2 level lower offices area), close to a Nuka-Cola machine near the center of the map; look in the row of white open topped containers lined up against the wall on the counter. It is in the second to last.
- A Stealth Boy is on top of a table, next to a telephone, in one of the rooms without a ceiling on the lower floor.
- A Pre-War book in the room above the building basement doorway
- A Big Book of Science skill book is in the western-most room on a metal shelf.
- A Stealth Boy is on top of the large safe in the northern room, which contains ammunition, some caps, and a weapon; also in that room is a terminal that unlocks a smaller safe. Contents of the safe vary by level.
- In the bathroom on the upper floor of the Reception Area, there are two stalls that have garden gnomes holding up signs. One says "We're dying, assholes!" and the other "HELP US." This mimics the skeletons found right outside Vault 101.
- A 'Type B' random encounter occurs at this location. Its patrol area stretches from the east side of the building, north around the the baseball field, and west down the road, ending just before the intersection near the river.
- In the Fallout 3 game guide, it claims that there is a "super mutant genus" here, which does not exist in the game.
- A leveled super mutant in the lower offices holds a master key for the various locked doors in the building.
- It seems that the mutants here posses intelligence above the usual. There is a strange meat kebab station in the reception area, and all of the doors are locked. The locked doors have mutant evidence behind them, like rotting brahmin corpses, and two dogs, which they seemed to be breeding, given the dog meat on the table near the strange meat.
Chryslus Building appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenesEdit
The name Chryslus is a reference to the real-world car company Chrysler.