The Chinese radio beacon is a radio station found in random encounters in Fallout 3.
If you can't find the corpse, try making Dogmeat search for a weapon.
If the player uses the tcl console command, they can go underground where they will find a ham radio labeled "Chinese Radio Beacon" underneath the commando. The radio can be talked to like any non-player character. If interacted with, the player will hear "Hello?" or "Hey there" in English through the radio, to which the only reply available is "See you later." or "Time for me to go." Upon choosing this, the player then hears "Bye" or "Later" in English as the dialog ends.
The message broadcast over the signal is "shi bai" (失 敗), which means "failure".
- If the dead Chinese commando spawns at a location such as Super-Duper Mart with raiders present, the raiders will loot the commando's body of most or all weapons but leave the dirty Chinese jumpsuit behind. If the commando spawns at a raider location, search the raiders first if you want the commando's weapons, which are in much better repair than normal raider weapons.
- pc ps3 If the player already has a given Chinese object in their inventory the Commando may spawn without that particular object in his inventory.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Sometimes the dead Chinese commando doesn't spawn. You can still noclip underground and find the ham radio, but there will be no corpse above it.
- pc A workaround on the PC is to use the console command player.placeleveledactoratme a0a4c.
- xbox360 ps3 Sometimes the beacon will become available only at a far edge of the world-map, indicating the commando's body is somewhere far off-map.