Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Chinese radio beacon is a radio station found in a random encounter in Fallout 3.
If the player uses the tcl console command, they can go underground where they will find a ham radio labeled "Chinese Radio Beacon" underneath the commando. The radio can be spoken to like any non-player character. If interacted with, the player will hear "Hello?" or "Hey there" in English through the radio, to which the only reply available is "See you later." or "Time for me to go." Upon choosing this, the player then hears "Bye" or "Later" or "Whatever" in English as the dialog ends. Unlike other radios, this radio cannot be turned off.
The message broadcast over the radio is "Bì Shèng" ( 必 胜 ) (Bi Shung - Mandarin), which means "Must Prevail". The message repeats twice, then there is a short pause then the message repeats every few seconds in a loop.
- If the dead Chinese commando spawns at a location such as Super-Duper Mart with raiders present, the raiders will loot the commando's body of most or all weapons but leave the dirty Chinese jumpsuit behind. If this happens, search the raiders first if you want the commando's weapons, which are in much better repair than the weapons normally found.
- The beacon can be found by using the console command player.moveto 000a0a4d.
- pc ps3 If the player already has a given Chinese object in their inventory the Commando may spawn without that particular object in his inventory. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 Sometimes the dead Chinese commando doesn't spawn. You can still noclip underground and find the ham radio, but there will be no corpse above it. [verified]
- pc A workaround on the PC is to use the console command player.placeleveledactoratme a0a4c. [verified]
- xbox360 ps3 Sometimes the beacon will become available only at a far edge of the world-map, indicating the commando's body is somewhere far off-map. [verified]