Fallout 3 locations project
Chinese Intelligence bunker
It is a secret pre-War Chinese bunker under the ornate hothouse next to Calvert Mansion. It requires a special code (See The Velvet Curtain) and the cryptochromatic spectacles to get in through the secret door. Inside is a large number of stacked ammunition boxes and loot. There is a lone protectron inside that will ask for a secret password which, when given, will have the robot lead you to a room downstairs for your extraction orders.
Extraction terminalEditThe robot will lead you to a terminal, which will contain this extraction debriefing,
You have done well to get this far, Agent Jiang. Your payment has been transacted to your next of kin under the pre-text of a ration lottery.
With deepest regret, however, your life must now be terminated for the good of the People's Republic. Go with dignity, honorable soldier!
- A mini nuke and Stealth Boy on a shelf
- The Backwater rifle, a unique lever-action rifle, is in the room downstairs on a shelf next to the door.
- 16 ammunition boxes throughout the bunker
- 7 Chinese assault rifles
- A bottlecap mine on the work bench.
- The skeleton in the run-off tunnel suggests that Dr. Jiang died attempting to escape, assuming he was somehow able to get this far without completing his assignment. Another possibility is that the skeleton is the (now-deceased) speaker in the various instruction tapes for the mission.
- It is possible to enter the bunker without starting the quest by looking through the cracks next to the hatch, or by backstep jumping up the steep run-off tunnel entrance in the bay south of the mansion. Entering the bunker by either means will automatically complete The Velvet Curtain.
- You may re-enter the bunker at any time after finishing the mission, making it an ideal place to store your valuables due to its workbench. You can keep the protectron near the entrance by using the "tin man" dialog option, though it will routinely ask you to leave the hazardous area, it never becomes hostile.
- If you deactivate the robot using Robotics Expert for the purpose of pushing it into its recharge station as decoration and then come back later you will find it has slid out of the station and must be repositioned.
- You can reclaim the lower room after the radiation has been triggered by interacting with the vent in the floor (44 Repair).