| ||For the historical event, see Battle of Anchorage.|
Loading Anchorage, Alaska simulation. Mission: the Liberation of Anchorage Alaska from Communist Chinese forces. Safeties: Disengaged.”— Loading screen, Operation: Anchorage
Entries found in a terminal in the Outcast Outpost detail the development of the simulation. The entry dated August 15, 2077 describes how General Constantine Chase tested the simulation himself, but claimed it didn't "feel right," and that hardware problems were prevalent. The second entry dated September 6, 2077 tells of how Chase was making elaborate changes to the simulation which the writer of the entry felt were "divorced from reality," and that he was sure that the real Anchorage Reclamation had never happened the way Chase portrayed it. The writer goes on to say that everyone was beginning to think Chase was going insane, but no one confronted him because they feared that the military would take over the project. At the very end, the writer questions why running the simulation was necessary anymore, since "any tactical data was mined months ago".
In particular, the VB-02 Vertibirds were present in the simulation in full operational capacity when in fact they wouldn't even reach prototype stage until much later. There is also doubt over the plausibility of Chimeras as shown in the simulation, since no other source material on the Reclamation makes any mention of it.
The Anchorage Cliffs (named Cliffs on the world map) are the starting point of the simulation (where Sergeant Benjamin Montgomery first appears) and the general outside area during The Guns of Anchorage.
A series of caves containing a scoped Gauss rifle where Montgomery reappears.
A small cave with a staircase that gives access to a better vantage point for the assault on the Chinese Artillery Outpost.
Chinese Artillery OutpostEdit
The Chinese Artillery Outpost (named Artillery Overlook Entrance on the World Map) contains the exit to the Artillery Overlook. This former American base is now occupied by Chinese forces.
The Artillery Overlook, situated on the Chugach Mountains overlooking Anchorage, is filled with three gigantic artillery guns bombarding American soldiers.
U.S. Army Field HeadquartersEdit
The U.S. Army field headquarters is the American base of operation for Operation: Anchorage and the place where briefing and equipping for the remaining missions in the simulation take place.
The Chinese Ice Camp (named Chinese Forward Camp Delta on the World Map) is a small encampment on the way to the Chimera Depot, rather close to the American camp.
Chimera Armor DepotEdit
Once you breach the perimeter of the Depot, you need to take out both of the main fuel tanks.”— General Constantine Chase
There are some abandoned mines along the route, so keep your eyes and ears open. It's a great place for an ambush.”— General Constantine Chase
An area of abandoned mines and houses which has to be passed on the way to the Listening Post.
You need to clear the place of personnel, so our intelligence boys can get in there and start decoding.”— General Constantine Chase
The Chinese Listening post of Calliway Ridge is a Chinese base used for Intelligence purposes and troop coordination.
The only way from the U.S. Army Field HQ to the pulse field leads through the trenches, the main battlefield.
Let me warn you now, unless you have some sort of a... deathwish, I wouldn't even go near the field until the first two targets are down.”— General Constantine Chase
The Pulse Field is the main defensive barrier of the Chinese Army, barring American power armor units from entering their headquarters and devastating the refinery.
A captured refinery poses as the main Chinese stronghold in the simulation. General Jingwei is inside, seen executing an American soldier before engaging in conversation.
- According to the loading screen, motion sickness is normal and subsides momentarily.
- There are snowmen in some areas with American combat helmets and armor on. They also have American flags, and one snowman has a Chinese hat on. When it is attacked, blood spurts out. A Chinese flamer unit can be seen torching one of the American snowmen. The combat apparel worn by the snowmen is much larger than the player's.
- While there are map markers in the simulation, fast travel is not available to any of these locations.
- It is possible to transfer some items like the repellent stick into the simulation because they are quest items and can't be removed.
- A reference is made to the Anchorage Reclamation simulation during the mission Tranquility Lane. When exiting the Tranquility Lane simulation via the abandoned house, it is possible to get into the Failsafe terminal and read a letter from General Constantine Chase to Doctor Stanislaus Braun regarding the Anchorage Reclamation simulation, followed by the town of Tranquility Lane being attacked by many Chinese commandos.
- While in the simulation, if the Cannibal perk is active, it is possible to devour the corpses before they disappear.
- Once the simulation is over, it cannot be used again in the game. Trying to activate the simulation again will simply result in the message "You must wear a neural interface suit to start the simulation" being displayed, even if the suit is equipped.
- For some strange reason the water tower says "McLean", like the water tower in Evergreen Mills.
- Also, the views differ from the artillery ridge and the Chinese Compound, as the Artillery Ridge view has two water towers while the Chinese Compound view has only one.
- Vertibirds appear in the Anchorage simulation despite not being scheduled to be deployed until 2085. This may be due to General Constantine Chase hijacking the programming of the simulation.
- The Mysterious Stranger can appear in the simulation just as in the Capital Wasteland, provided you have the perk.
- Psycho taken in the simulation will still be in effect even after leaving it.
Anchorage - CliffsEdit
Anchorage - ArtilleryEdit
Anchorage - BattlefieldEdit