You have killed children, the youth of the wasteland. This is considered to be a really bad thing. You evil, evil person.”— Fallout and Fallout 2 description
You get this title by killing a child.
- You get -10 for the purposes of dialogue and reactions.
- You can encounter bounty hunters during random encounters. Their equipment depends on your level, ranging from leather jackets and hunting rifles to power armor and miniguns (Avenger miniguns in Fallout 2).
- If one of your companions kills a child instead of you, you don't get this title.
- Although you get the Childkiller title after killing one child, you'll need to kill three in Fallout or two in Fallout 2 before the people of the wasteland actually start regarding you as a Childkiller.
- In Fallout 2, there are a few kids who increase your child kill count twice because of a script redundancy (and thus instantly make you a "real" Childkiller). These are Jonny in Modoc, the Slag kids and Curtis in Vault City.
- Killing Myron in Fallout 2 will give you the Childkiller title despite him not really being a child, but the game regards him as one.
- Super stimpaks can be used to kill children without gaining the Childkiller title.
Behind the scenesEdit
- A new Vault Boy image for the Childkiller title was created for Fallout 2 but was never used.
This image was unused and the only Vault Boy image to ever be cut from Fallout 2. (I'm sure you can figure out why) I remember when I got the request to do a perk illustration for "Child Killer" that there would be no way to keep in from being offensive. I mean really! How do you make an illustration of "child killer" and keep it from being offensive? Anyway for some reason, I thought this was the least offensive way to do it. I have no idea what I was thinking. Even the designer who requested it realized it was a bad idea, so we fixed it. Looking back on it now, I can't believe I drew this.”— Brian Menze on The Vault