| ||For an overview of Nuka-Cola soda in the Fallout series of games, see Nuka-Cola.|
|The following is based on Fallout Tactics and some details might contradict canon.|
Interesting variant of the popular soft drink from the friendly Nuka Cola people. Nobody liked the taste.”
The ingredients of Nuka-Cola include: carbonated water, caramel color, aspartame, phosphoric acid, potassium benzoate (to protect taste), natural flavors, citric acid, and caffeine. What gives it a unique flavor is the essence of seventeen different fruits mixed in just the right proportion to give the beverage its trademark taste. Some versions of the drink also include vita-minerals and health tonics. During the Great Passion Fruit Famine of 2044, people actually noticed the taste difference when the recipe was changed.
By 2067, vending machines with ice cold Nuka-Cola could be found on virtually every street in America.
Cherry Nuka-Cola is a variation of regular Nuka-Cola. After it was introduced, it turned out that nobody liked the taste. This resulted in a marketing disaster for the company, which quickly attempted to save the brand by introducing the Classic Nuka-Cola, tasting exactly like the original, but in a new bottle. The story of its introduction, rejection, and replacement by Classic Nuka-Cola mimics that of new Coke.
Cherry Nuka-Cola resembles the original Nuka-Cola bottle but the liquid inside is a bright red instead of being brown. Instead of having 17 fruity flavors this unpopular Nuka-Cola only had the one (cherry). It has no effects and carries a 15% chance of getting a Nuka-Cola addiction.
- Held by Hillary Eastwood, the mayor of Quincy.
- Sold by Gloria, a prostitute in Great Bend.
- In a pot during the mission at Buena Vista.
- In a refrigerator along with two Yellow Nuka-Colas in Peoria.
Behind the scenesEdit
- During the 2008 E3 as a promotional item, people were given a real drinkable version of Nuka-Cola. It greatly resembles the 1950s look of the Coca-Cola brand bottles.
- The name of the Nuka-Cola creator, John-Caleb Bradberton, is an amalgamation of the inventors of Coca-Cola (John Pemberton) and Pepsi-Cola (Caleb Bradham).
- Its logos, bottle designs, market crash, and even its name are heavily based on Coca-Cola.
- The story of its introduction, rejection, and replacement by Classic Nuka-Cola mimics that of New Coke. In reality however, New Coke initially received generally positive reactions in terms of taste, but the iconic status of the old formula produced a strong backlash reaction that pressured executives into changing it back.