Of course. Why else would I stay with the old fart? You don't think I actually love that bastard, do you?”— Cherry, Referring to Dukov
Cherry was born in the year 2250. A live-in playmate, Cherry doesn't love Dukov, but she does like him. She mostly stays with him for the money and the modest protection he can give her. In exchange, she offers what she can. Dukov prefers that his "ladies" walk around in their underwear.
Cherry has had fantasies about traveling to Rivet City, but she knows that it's too dangerous to travel alone and that she might not survive the trip.
Interactions with the player character
You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head: Cherry will steal Dukov's special key for you if you agree to take her to Rivet City. Upon arrival, you receive a Karma boost and Cherry will subsequently wander around Rivet City. If you haven't brought her to Rivet City after 5 in-game days, she will go back to Dukov.
* Only after escorting her to Rivet City.
- Unlike most other temporary companions, Cherry almost invariably flees from enemies rather than defending herself, even if outfitted with high-end armor and weapons. Combined with her low health and limited skills, this makes escorting Cherry a particularly tedious task if you are unable to fast-travel.
- By default, Cherry carries a switchblade. She will use it occasionally if an enemy gets too close to her.
- After a few days of living at Rivet City, Cherry will no longer wear sexy sleepwear. Instead she will change into a wasteland settler outfit.
- Cherry may be found wandering the Wasteland outside Rivet City after escorting her there. In this instance it is highly likely she will be killed eventually, if she is not found dead in the first place.
- Cherry's hairstyle is "non-playable"—unable to be used by the player—and is unique to her, seen on no other non-player character, similar to Doctor Li's hairstyle.
- "Hi, sweetie. I'm Cherry. What can I do for you?"
- "Hi, sugar. I'm Cherry. Do yourself a favor. Watch yourself with Dukov. He's all hands."
- "Yeah yeah, you're my hero. Don't let it get to your head. Seriously though, thank you for getting me away from Dukov."
Cherry only appears in Fallout 3
- Sometimes, after successfully escorting Cherry to Rivet City, you can go back to Dukov's Place and see her wandering inside the building wearing a wasteland settler outfit. [platforms tag needed]
- If you tell her you will get her to Rivet City and then kill Dukov, she will flee from you until you leave the building. If you go to Rivet City afterwards she will thank you for saving her, and then turn on you, prompting city guards to kill her on the spot. [platforms tag needed]