With the Chemist perk, any chems you take last twice as long.”— In-game description
This perk doubles the active time for chems.
List of Fallout 3 itemsEdit
The following items will work with this perk.
- This perk synergizes well with the Chem Resistant perk, the latter providing a 50% resistance against addiction.
- Chemist affects any item which also influence the Chems Taken statistic.
- Though it says chems will last twice as long, it affects anything you can get addicted to, including alcohol.
List of Fallout: New Vegas itemsEdit
- In Hardcore mode, all positive effects (including foods, medicines, chems...) are also affected by this perk, for example: gecko steak, RadAway, stimpak, purified water, ....etc.
- Synergizes well with Chem Resistant, Fast Times, Day Tripper, Whiskey Rose and a high Survival skill.
- If you have both Chemist and Day Tripper, all consumable foods have their times increased. For example, the effects of brahmin meat normally last for 15 seconds; with these two perks it increases the duration up to 40 seconds. This is likely due to the game engine defining a chem as anything that can "wear off", which food does in the game.
- The increased duration of healing items does not show up in the list of effects for the items on the Pip-Boy.
- This perk also affects Stealth Boys, making them last 4 minutes. Combined with Stealth Girl, they can last over 8 minutes.