With the Chemist perk, any chems you take last twice as long.”— In-game description
This perk doubles the active time for chems.
List of itemsEdit
The following items will work with this perk.
- This perk synergizes well with the Chem Resistant perk, the latter providing a 50% resistance against addiction.
- Chemist affects any item which also influences the Chems Taken statistic.
- Though it specifically states that chems will last twice as long, it affects anything you can get addicted to, including alcohol.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
List of itemsEdit
- In Hardcore mode, all positive effects (including foods, medicines, chems...) are also affected by this perk, for example: gecko steak, RadAway, stimpak, purified water, ....etc.
- Synergizes well with Chem Resistant, Fast Times, Day Tripper, Whiskey Rose and a high Survival skill.
- If you have both Chemist and Day Tripper, all consumable foods have their times increased. For example, the effects of brahmin meat normally last for 15 seconds; with these two perks it increases the duration up to 40 seconds. This is likely due to the game engine defining a chem as anything that can "wear off", which food does in the game.
- The increased duration of healing items does not show up in the list of effects for the items on the Pip-Boy.
- This perk also affects Stealth Boys, making them last 4 minutes. Combined with Stealth Girl, they can last over 8 minutes.
Any chems you take last 50% longer. Far out.”— Rank 1 description
In addition to the Chemist perk affecting the duration of chems, ranks in Chemist are needed to unlock some recipes at the chemistry station usable in settlements.
|1||INT 7||Any chems you take last 50% longer. Far out.||000e36ff|
|2||INT 7, LVL 16||Any chems you take now last twice as long.||000e3700|
|3||INT 5*, LVL 32||Any chems you take now last an additional 150% longer.||000e3701|
|4||INT 5*, LVL 45||Any chems you take now last an additional 200% longer.||001d2458|
Your Pip-Boy will show the enhanced duration of chems, though when viewing items in e.g. the crafting interface you will still see the default chem duration. *3rd and 4th ranks require 5 Intelligence as opposed to 7 due to a bug.
- Works well with the BioCommMesh mod for chest armor pieces. A single use of jet will last 30 seconds with rank 4 of Chemist, and for 45 seconds with rank 4 of Chemist and the BioCommMesh mod.
- In the Survival mode, Chemist rank 1 is required to manufacture many items that previously required no rank in the skill, such as a stimpak.
- When viewing the perk the "Potion Created" sound effect from Skyrim, another Bethesda RPG, can be heard.
- In Survival mode, Chemist lengthens the heal over time of many different items, including RadAway, without modifying the healing per second.