With the Chemist perk, any chems you take last twice as long.”— In-game description
This perk doubles the active time for chems.
List of itemsEdit
The following items will work with this perk.
- This perk synergizes well with the Chem Resistant perk, the latter providing a 50% resistance against addiction.
- Chemist affects any item which also influences the Chems Taken statistic.
- Though it specifically states that chems will last twice as long, it affects anything you can get addicted to, including alcohol.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
List of itemsEdit
- While the perk's name would suggest that it only affects chems, it actually affects all aid items with positive effects.
- Synergizes well with Chem Resistant, Fast Times, Day Tripper, Whiskey Rose and a high Survival skill.
- This perk also affects Stealth Boys, making them last 4 minutes. Combined with Stealth Girl, they can last over 8 minutes.
- pc Descriptions of items which include the item's duration are not updated to reflect the extended duration when the Chemist perk is taken. Examples of such items are RadAway, stimpaks and purified water.[verified]
Any chems you take last 50% longer. Far out.”— Rank 1 description
|1||INT 7||Any chems you take last 50% longer. Far out.||000e36ff|
|2||INT 7, LVL 16||Any chems you take now last twice as long.||000e3700|
|3||INT 5*, LVL 32||Any chems you take now last an additional 150% longer.||000e3701|
|4||INT 5*, LVL 45||Any chems you take now last an additional 200% longer.||001d2458|
* 3rd and 4th ranks require 5 Intelligence as opposed to 7 due to a bug.
- Your Pip-Boy will show the enhanced duration of chems, though when viewing items in e.g. the crafting interface you will still see the default chem duration.
- Works well with the BioCommMesh mod for chest armor pieces. A single use of jet will last 30 seconds with rank 4 of Chemist, and for 45 seconds with rank 4 of Chemist and the BioCommMesh mod.
- In the Survival mode, Chemist rank 1 is required to manufacture many items that previously required no rank in the skill, such as a stimpak.
- When viewing the perk the "Potion Created" sound effect from Skyrim, another Bethesda RPG, can be heard.
- In Survival mode, Chemist lengthens the heal over time of many different items, including RadAway, without modifying the healing per second.