Fallout: New Vegas locations project
The entrance is the gate within the rock formation.
Full of stunning stalactites and other ancient rock formations, Charleston Cave has remained closed for hundreds of years since its discovery in the early 1960s, and subsequent geological instability. Once the home to a hold-out during the Great War, Nightstalkers now roam these empty chambers.
The cave is a series of winding rock tunnels with several spacious caverns scattered throughout the stone labyrinth. The dark cave is dimly lit by many clusters of green, bio-luminescent mushrooms. Inside is a locked bunker built before the war. A Lockpick skill of 75 is required to open it.
- The unique super sledge Oh, Baby! is located next to the dead nightkin in the south-west cavern. Oh, Baby! and the nightkin will only be present if you have started Guess Who I Saw Today in Jacobstown.
- The Hard locked door in the middle part of the map on the caves (reached by taking the northern passageway from the chamber with irradiated water), and the bottom most level of the caves is the doorway to the room that contains a hunting shotgun and the Post-War audio log holotape as well as numerous consumables and ammunition boxes.
- The cave contains at least nine "cloaked" night stalkers. Their invisibility is a result of the chewed Stealth Boy found near the nightkin's dead body, and is a required item for the quest Guess Who I Saw Today.
- When you approach the cave, you can sometimes hear the night stalkers bark and snarl.
- There is a bear trap hidden in the flooded section of the cave just before the incline to the Hard locked door.
- There are what seems to be remains of a small camp in the first circular area of the cavern (with the large stone pillar in the middle). There are two mattresses that the player can sleep on, a camp fire, and a locked ammunition box.
- If you have a human companion with you, they might pick up the hunting shotgun in the locked room.
Charleston Cave only appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc ps3 xbox360 The night stalkers have a tendency to get stuck, usually head-first, within the inclines of the cave passages, making it impossible to achieve a sneak head shot. If you do not have a weapon powerful enough to kill one in one shot (regardless of body part), it will become unstuck upon changing to attack mode.
- xbox360 Sometimes, bighorners can be found inside the cave.