Cave of the Abaddon
The cave consists of a long cave formed mainly by collapsed buildings. It is the only way to Ulysses' Temple, due to buildings collapsing in the Divide. The buried buildings, comprised of a stairwell and two rooms, serve as a transitional area linking the cave to the Boxwood Hotel roof.
- Sunflower Summers' diary for the Nostalgia challenge - In a suitcase near Summers' remains.
- D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine - located in the second room of the buried buildings, between a toppled desk and chair, adjacent to a sleepable bed and a Ralphie poster.
- Eyebot upgrade circuit board - When facing the entrance of the cave from the clearing, detonate the nuke embedded in the rocks to the east. After the detonation, climb the beam on the ground marked with a blue old world symbol on it up to the blast site, and the circuit board will be on a destroyed eyebot lying directly ahead upon reaching the end of the beam.
- It contains many tunnelers, including the tunneler queen.
- An Auto-Doc is near the exit.
- A swimming pool can be seen upside-down in the ceiling of the cave near the entrance.
- A few seconds after entering the cave, the screen suddenly becomes much darker.
|The following is based on the Wild Wasteland trait and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Seymour is found near the remains of Summers (in the north corner of the first part of the cave).
|End of information based on the Wild Wasteland trait.|
Behind the scenesEdit
"Abaddon" is an intensive form of the Hebrew word Abad, meaning "destruction." In the Biblical Book of Revelation, Abaddon is the name of a male angel seen in a vision as a king of an army of locusts. Considering the nature of The Divide, as well as its proximity to The Temple, this makes the cave's name a very fitting title.
pc xbox360 The Auto-Doc does not remove addictions, although it performs its other functions, even after patch 140525. [verified]