When consumed, the Courier's vision is enhanced with a blue tint in dark places.
Cateye is not as effective outdoors, especially during daytime. When used during the day, the player will lose the ability to make out many colors until the effects wear off.
- Cateye can be purchased from Doctor Ada Straus in Novac.
- A jar can be found next to a skeletal corpse just inside Goodsprings Cave.
- Large amounts of it can be bought in the Gomorrah casino.
- A jar can be found on a grave at Goodsprings Cemetery.
- A jar can be found in the last room in the Prospector's Den.
- Two jars can be obtained from Atticus at Caesar's Legion safehouse twice a week.
- A jar can be found near the REPCONN test site, just near the manhole with some other chems (where you come out during the end of the Come Fly With Me quest).
- A jar can be found inside a dresser in one of the southernmost rooms of the living quarters level in Vault 3.
- Two jars can be found in the Searchlight NCR storage basement, laying on one of the metallic shelves.
- A jar can be found next to Ratslayer in broc flower cave.
- A jar can be found next to a suitcase and a skeleton at Black Mountain, between some rocks near some highly irradiated puddles.
- Two jars can be found in Camp Golf's House Resort in the left storage room.
- The effects of Cateye are more potent than the Friend of the Night perk.
- Gives more color-contrast in dark areas, but doesn't make you see further into the darkness. When zooming with a high-powered scope, objects farther away still can not be seen.
- If a player has the Old World Blues DLC, you can acquire the hazmat darklight cowl which gives you night vision even at long ranges, and can be used indefinitely.
- Consuming Nuka-Cola Quartz produces the same effect as Cateye.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 The Cateye-effect can rarely happen after dispatching an enemy, although no chem was taken. Resting will remove the effect again. [verified]
- Xbox 360 Sometimes "Cat-eye has worn off" will show up, while the effects are still there. Entering an interior, or sleeping should fix this. [verified]
- PC Xbox 360 The Cat-eye effect can happen at random times, with no actual provocation. This happened more frequently on games with Wild Wasteland. [verified]
- Xbox 360 While in Hidden Valley at night, the sandstorm effect counters the Cateye effect. Just be warned that this will sometimes happen and sometimes not. [verified]