Mr. Pussy, a white cat (left) and in the Vault 11 sacrificial chamber presentation (right)
Cats were a species of small predatory carnivorous animals that were valued by humans before the Great War for their companionship and ability to hunt vermin, such as rodents, snakes, scorpions, and other household pests.
Some cats were possibly thrown into the FEV vats by the Master in the Mariposa Military Base and the Vault-Tec scientists in Vault 87, together with humans, dogs and other animals. The misshapen centaurs are the result of this mix.
- According to Robert House, cats are extinct by the year 2281.
- Stacy, a resident of the Den in 2241, used to have a cat called Cuddles as a child that was killed for food.
- A cat can be seen (presumably owned by Vault Boy) in the slideshow in the sacrificial chamber in Vault 11.
|The following is based on Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Rumor is that the last known living cat in America, Mr. Pussy, died in Carbon, Texas in 2208. Ruby the prostitute wanted to find him when he got lost, and asked the Initiate to help. They discovered the cat's corpse in the Carbon Crater and brought it back to Ruby.
|End of information based on Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.|
|The following is based on Van Buren and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- According to the Nursery design document cats both wild and domestic were to make an appearance there.
|End of information based on Van Buren.|