Driven slightly demented by lack of sustenance and fearful of his life after a narrow escape from a super mutant bonfire, Carlos has set up a begging station at the entrance to Rivet City. Through the haze of dehydration, he remains hopeful that a water caravan or kindly stranger will cross his path.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Water Beggars: He is asking for purified water. Giving him purified water results in +50 good Karma. If the Lone Wanderer refuses to give Carlos any water, they will later find his dead body at the same location he can be found when alive.
|Wasteland settler outfit||-|
- Carlos may die even if given the new and improved water Aqua Pura.
- Carlos may also die regardless of whether the Lone Wanderer gives him water or not. After death, his corpse may eventually disappear.
- "Oh, thank God. Someone new!"
- "I knew it was too good to be true... there are no good souls in the Wasteland. Go. Just leave me alone to die..."
- "Oh... I guess that's understandable. Got to watch out for numero uno and all. Just leave me..."
Carlos appears only in Fallout 3.
- ps3 If you save your game while standing next to him, kill him, and load a previous save, he may appear to be lying the way you killed him, but without any limbs missing. If you talk to him he will return to his normal sitting position. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 pc Occasionally on arrival to Rivet City, Carlos will be fleeing from nothing when you approach him. [verified]