Wikia

Nukapedia

Cardiac Arrest

Talk8
17,520pages on
this wiki
Cardiac Arrest
Heartless
Old World Blues
requirementsHeartless perk
ranks1
effects50% poison resistance
+50% bonus to healing items
Robots have -25% critical chance against you
base idxx015bbb
 
Gametitle-FNV OWB
Gametitle-FNV OWB

Your heart is back in your body, but some advanced technologies remain: You are more resistant to poison (50%) and robots are only somewhat confused by you (25% less likely to score a critical hit) now. But on the bright side, healing items (chems) are even more effective!

Fallout: New Vegas description

Cardiac Arrest is a special perk in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Old World Blues.

LocationEdit

Convince your brain to return to your body or convince it to come back to The Sink. After, you can have your heart reinserted into your body. This perk replaces Heartless.

EffectsEdit

You gain +50% poison resistance, +50% bonus to healing items and robots have -25% critical chance against you.

NotesEdit

  • Cazadores are less of a threat with this perk as it becomes rarer to be poisoned by them.
  • Compared to the Heartless perk, you gain an additional +25% bonus to healing items at the cost of +25% critical chance from robots against you and +50% poison resistance rather than immunity.
  • Grants the full 85% resistance to poison when combined with 8 Endurance, the maximum you can achieve in derived statistics.
  • There is a mess up in the description of the perk where it states you are 50% LESS resistant to poisons when the perk actually makes you 50% more resistant.
    • This makes perfect sense in context, however: Since the only (legitimate) way to get this perk is to give up the Heartless perk, this means you have gone from 100% resistance (immunity) to 50% resistance, which is indeed a 50% reduction.
  • Cardiac Arrest shares the same Vault boy image as Heartless.

See alsoEdit

BugsEdit

pcIcon pc xbox360Icon xbox360 ps3Icon ps3 This perk grants -50% critical chance from enemy robots, rather than the listed -25%. [verified]

Other Wikia wikis

Random Wiki