| ||For an overview of shotgun models in the Fallout series of games, see shotgun.|
A shotgun, also called a "scattergun," is a firearm designed to shoot a multitude of lead or steel balls of varying sizes, greatly increasing the weapon's hit potential. This makes it very effective at hunting game. However, the accuracy and power found at close range starts to diminish as the target gets farther away. Shotguns designed for the military's use are often called "combat shotguns."
The caravan shotgun is a short shotgun in which one barrel is mounted on top of the other, also known as an "Over/Under shotgun." The iron sight is a screw which holds the action release lever to the receiver.
It can be a bit confusing when trying to aim with the iron sights, the target has to be placed behind the screw that is somewhat blocking the player character's view. There are four horizontal marks on the screw; the target needs to be behind the second mark from the top. Because of that, and its large spread, this makes it very difficult to utilize slugs effectively.
The caravan shotgun can fire a total of about 695 standard shells, the equivalent of 348 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard, 3/0 buck, slug & pulse slug||695||348|
|Magnum & 3/0 buck Magnum||604||302|
- Sturdy caravan shotgun - A variant of the caravan shotgun added with the add-on Caravan Pack.
- Cass's caravan shotgun, a unique non-playable caravan shotgun used by Cass. It only differs from the standard caravan shotgun in its use of companion ammunition.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Sturdy caravan shotgun fnvcs||50|
- Aerotech Office Park - inside suite 200, on top of the fallen bookshelf to the left as you enter.
- Sold from various traders and merchants once higher levels are achieved.
- Caleb McCaffery carries one.
- One is given in the quest Beyond the Beef for completing the bad Karma option.
- One is given to you if you join the Kings.
- Equipped by many Fiends.
- Carried by members of Caesar's Legion at The Fort.
- Most of the NCR troopers at Camp Forlorn Hope are issued caravan shotguns, in place of service rifles.
- Crimson Caravan guards will occasionally carry this weapon.
- Trudy carries one in the quest Run Goodsprings Run.
- Dead Money Sierra Madre Villa - when heading to the Villa Police Station you will come across a skeleton with a knife spear by a fountain. Nearby is a Dean's Secret Stash and next to that is a caravan shotgun and some 20 gauge shells.
- Old World Blues (add-on) Lobotomites in the Big MT (Lv.20-30) may carry one.
- This weapon has a Strength requirement of 3, which is quite low.
- Since the rear sight is quite obtrusive, it completely blocks the player's view of the front sight, which may make it difficult to aim at longer ranges when aiming down the sights.
| || |