Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
|Side quest: Cappy in a Haystack|
|Talk to Sierra Petrovita.|
|Find Cappy in Nuka-Town USA.|
|Find Cappy in Safari Adventure.|
|Find Cappy in Dry Rock Gulch.|
|Find Cappy in Galactic Zone.|
|Find Cappy in Kiddie Kingdom.|
|Find Cappy in World of Refreshment.|
|Return to Sierra.|
|Search the offfice|
|Turn off the life support.||Let J.C. Bradberton live.|
|Reward: Nuka-nuke launcher||Reward: Nuka-World jumpsuit|
Between The Parlor and Fizztop Grille, Sierra Petrovita is encountered talking to a raider. Intercepting the conversation reveals that she has come to find the reward for finding hidden Cappys throughout the park. Given that the reward was meeting the creator of Nuka-Cola, she figures that in his office might be the original recipe for the drink. She gives her sunglasses along with the holotape Hidden Cappy contest hints to the Sole Survivor to allow them to help her search for the hidden Cappys. Once you get close to a quest marker it disappears, encouraging a thorough search of an area.
The "hidden Cappy" figures are paintings on concrete surface in public areas of the park. There are ten to be found. Without the Cappy glasses equipped, the player sees only a fuzzy Cappy figure with a blurred speech bubble; with the glasses equipped the code is revealed. Click on the revealed figure to register the code and update the quest. Note that the Cappy glasses do not work when worn under power armor. To see the code, either simply take off the helmet (one might have to re-equip the cappy glasses even though the box in front of them is ticked off as if they are already equipped), or exit the power armor, click on the hidden Cappy, then re-enter power armor.
There is one at Fizztop Grille. Located west of it on the large wall beside the restrooms building.
There are two in the Safari Adventure. The first Cappy in is through the hedge maze beneath the treehouse, against a wall on the eastern edge. From the entrance, the order of turns is: right, right, left, left, and right. The second is just outside the primate house, on the back of the gorilla statue to the right of the door. There's a patch in the hedge where one can pass through.
Dry Rock GulchEdit
There are two in Dry Rock Gulch. The first is located on the back of a gravestone next to the Giddyup Kid protectron. The second is inside the Mad Mulligan's Minecart Coaster, on the wall of a little shack beside the waterfall.
There are two in the Galactic Zone. The first is at the entrance to the dead traders' camp around the back of Star Control entrance. The sign should be on the left side entrance, right next to the Employees Only sign at the gate. The second is up the ramp right next to the exit door of the RobCo Battlezone. Turn right immediately at the top of the Spacewalk ramp, and the Cappy is on the right wall near the trash bins.
There are two in the Kiddie Kingdom. One is in the Fun House in the turntable room, second door on the left when entering from the topsyturvy room. The second one is located right next to the moat to King Cola's Castle, up a stone staircase and into a destroyed wooden clocktower on the top floor.
World of RefreshmentEdit
There is one in World of Refreshment. Inside the plant, following the Nuka-Cola Quantum river it is on the side of a two story building across from the Nuka Wild sign in the wild west setting. Going in the opposite direction that was intended for the ride helps you spot it easily, it'll be on the right hand just as you enter the wild west setting from the 'wrong' direction.
Return to SierraEdit
Return to Sierra Petrovita. Putting the hidden Cappy clues in the right order results in "REFRESHING", as stated by Sierra. Use the keypad to unlock the office. In the office on the second floor, there is a button beside the Nuka-Cola machine. This unlocks an elevator that leads to up to a small vault, containing the head of the owner and inventor of Nuka-Cola: John-Caleb Bradberton.
Siding with BradbertonEdit
He will request the machine to be shut down to end his torment of being trapped in there for decades. If one chooses to honour his request and to shut off the power, John-Caleb dies and the locked door will open. Behind the door is a Nuka-nuke launcher, Nuka-nukes, the Nuka-Cola formula as well as various Nuka-Colas, and the key to Bradberton's expertly locked vault in his office. The Nuka-Cola formula must be given to Sierra to complete the quest and she rewards 500 caps in return
Siding with SierraEdit
Sierra on the other hand wants to keep him alive, offering that she can keep John-Caleb company to keep from being lonely. She offers the Nuka-World jumpsuit as a reward.
- Nuka-nuke launcher - Awarded after siding with John-Caleb Bradberton over Sierra Petrovita and cutting power to the Vault.
- 500 caps after siding with Bradberton and then handing the Nuka-Cola formula to Sierra.
- Nuka-World jumpsuit - Awarded upon completion of the quest after siding with Sierra Petrovita to keep John-Caleb Bradberton alive.
- Cappy clues are non-interactable unless you are outside power armor. Even if the player wears the Cappy glasses inside the power armor, the clue remains non-interactable. However, if the player 'unequips' the power armor helmet and replaces it with the glasses, the clues are interactable.
- It is possible to acquire both the Nuka-nuke launcher and Sierra's Nuka-World jumpsuit by siding with her first and shutting down the vault's power after she has handed over the item. The doors to the weapon storage will open, but Sierra will turn hostile if this path is chosen although the Sole Survivor can choose to leave the area to avoid having to kill her.
- Bradberton having his head cryogenically frozen may be a reference to the myth that Walt Disney was cryogenically frozen after his death.
- Using Console commands on PC, press tilde (`), click on the safe door and type unlock. Or just type tcl and fly in and fly out.
- Although John-Caleb asks the Sole Survivor to release him from his suffering, appealing to a humane or sympathetic side of them while only mentioning the contents behind the vault door as an extra incentive, the only dailogue replies when choosing to kill John-Caleb seem out of personal gain and are based on greed and the desire to obtain the Nuka-Cola Quantum based ammo. There seems to be no dialogue choise to indicate that the choise is out of pitty for John-Caleb or to honour his request.
- After shutting down the power, John-Calebs eyes will continue to move even though he is dead.
- pc xboxone Once after taking the elevator to the vault and following Sierra up the stairs Sierra will become stuck in the corner of the stairwell, or stuck on the walkway. To fix this go completely out of the office and into Nuka-Town then re-enter building and return to the vault. Sierra will be talking to the founders head and you can continue the quest.[verified]
- PC players can also use the moveto player console command to teleport her out of the corner and she will continue her path towards the door.
- ps4 Once the inner door to the vault is opened, Sierra may stand in place instead of entering the vault. This can be fixed by closing the door again, which should then trigger Sierra to continue normally.[verification overdue]
- ps4 xboxone Sometimes unable to collect hidden Cappy in Safari adventure. The only fix is to reload to an earlier save file and attempt to collect again.[verification overdue] I thought this was begged for me but when I collected the second Cappy clue in safari it was fine. Try both before considering your save bugged.
- pc If any of the hidden clues failed to activate once the player had found them, they can simply SetStage <QuestID> <110>, to complete the search for the clues.
- pc xboxone To get the glasses, you have to give Sierra a Nuka Cola Quartz. If you use your Drinking Buddy Bot to make it Ice Cold, it will NOT be valid to Sierra, and will be ignored. Perhaps she likes warm cola only?