The coordinates you received lead you to this canyon filled with storm-tossed wreckage. Beyond lies the Divide.”— Lonesome Road
There appears to be a passage through the mountains leading to the Mesquite Wilderness Area, however it is blocked by the wreckage of several burnt-out cars, trucks, and other objects. One of these contains several charred skeletons and some explosive crates.
Notably, several of these objects sport graffiti, reading "You Can Go Home, Courier," "the Divide," "Lonesome Road," backwards "6"s, and "Courier Six?" After hints dropped in Dead Money, it seems likely that the author of this graffiti is Ulysses.
After downloading Lonesome Road, the wreckage will be edited and the path will open for the add-on. The player enters the add-on through the wreckage of a bus. Upon completing the main quest-line, a footlocker will appear outside of the Canyon Wreckage and will contain unique items from the Lonesome Road add-on. If you spare Ulysses in The End he will be just beyond the entrance of the wreckage, sitting by a campfire.
- Follow the SW rock wall around to find a dead NCR trooper along with two ammo boxes containing various items.
- Just right of the wreckage are two graves that can be opened with a shovel. Each contains random ammunition.
- Ulysses' graffiti will show up even if you don't have Lonesome Road installed, implying that the DLC was already planned during development of the game.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Occasionally, the dead trooper will spawn alive and will almost definitely be attacked by the coyotes in the area. Sometimes he is left alive by the coyotes, but you cannot start conversation with the trooper.[verified]
- pc xbox360 Sometimes the dead trooper may not spawn in the cave at all. Fast traveling away from the area and coming back will usually fix this.[verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 When you enter or leave The Divide you can get a message saying "Poison Removed".[verified]
- pc If you complete The End/Apocalypse with coyote corpses where the rewards trunk is supposed to be, you won't receive any of the unique items upon completion. In order to avoid this it is necessary to rest in the Mojave Wasteland until live coyotes have respawned near Canyon Wreckage.[verified]