Lost, huh? If you say so. If you head over to the front terminal building you should be able to get in through the garage doors in back.”
The Camp McCarran terminal building is very large, housing a science lab, an interrogation room, supply rooms as well as quarters and office space for senior New California Republic (NCR) officers.
The terminal has three entrances, all of which lead to the main lobby and are accessible from the interior of Camp McCarran. The terminal foyer contains rows of non-operating slot machines in front of the reception desk, and a military aircraft hanging overhead with escalators on either side leading to the second floor and concourse. Sometimes there will be bottle caps located around the slot machines.
Upstairs, the player can find Lt. Carrie Boyd and the detention center on the right. The monorail to the Las Vegas Boulevard Station and New Vegas Strip is to the left. The pre-War monorail is still fully functional and allows quick and safe transport between the camp and The Strip. However, only military personnel and VIP's are allowed to use it. The Courier will be allowed to use the monorail if they wear an NCR uniform or have good reputation with the NCR.
The concourse houses a recreation area of sorts, with a mess hall and kitchen and dozens of non-operating slot machines. One of the hallways leads to the Camp McCarran supply shack run by Sgt. Daniel Contreras and an exit to the outside.
The perimeter of the base features sentry towers, and the control tower.
- Upstairs next to the interrogation room, there is a box in the jail with an MP confiscated goods trunk that requires a Lockpick skill of 100 to open. Contained inside is Boxing Times, 2 doctor's bags, Locksmith's Reader, Mentats, Patriot's Cookbook, a super stimpak, and ¡La Fantoma!. However, after completing The White Wash quest, you will be given the key to the trunk as a reward.
- 2 ice cold Nuka-Cola's, in an open freezer just outside the interrogation room, near the shelves.
- 122 bottle caps spread throughout the building.
- 24 ashtrays and 116 cigarettes spread throughout the terminal building
- Sniper nest location on a desk in Captain Curtis' room
- The door guards are not hostile if you enter the doors into the building after traveling on the monorail, even if above conditions are not met. Upon leaving and re-entering the building, that behavior is reset.
- The bed in Daniel Contreras' jail cell can be slept in, although the player may have to switch to 3rd person view in order to interact with the bed.
Camp McCarran terminal building appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc Power armored heavy troopers do not always appear outside Colonel Hsu's office.[verified]
- xbox360 ps3 Even if the player has been branded a terrorist by the NCR and has fought and killed NCR soldiers in the terminal building, the two scientists and some non-unique NCR soldiers may remain friendly.[verified]