There will come a time when diplomacy and tact will prove to be useless and your hand must be raised instead. This challenge prepares you to face another human, look him in the eyes, and know that you may have to kill him.”
Cameron is a young man with bulging muscles and a very confident air about him. He is a fellow tribesman of the Chosen One. He is an expert in unarmed combat, and believes that fighting with weapons desensitizes a warrior to the consequence of his actions.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Finish Temple of Trials: Cameron serves as the final test in the Temple of Trials where the Chosen One must either:
- Defeat him in hand-to-hand combat.
- Convince him that fighting is pointless.
- Steal the door key and avoid fighting him.
- His name was changed in the Fallout 2 patch. In the unpatched game, he is called Dumar.
- Before fighting him in the Temple of Trials, it is possible to drop a spear on the floor, before initiating combat. Care must be taken though as Cameron is not unlikely to pick it up before the Chosen One gets to react.
- After leaving Arroyo it is no longer possible to have him teach the player character Unarmed combat skills.
- Should Cameron be killed in the hand-to-hand duel, the Arroyo villagers become enemies with the Chosen One, prematurely ending the game.
Cameron appears only in Fallout 2.
Behind the scenesEdit
He is named after Cameron Rapmund, the Australian winner of the Fallout trivia contest.