Wastelander being flamed
The church is easily spotted from the southwest. To the right of the church is a small graveyard fenced off by a broken white picket fence. In the church entrance is a trip wire, which triggers a shotgun trap, and in the back is a grenade trap triggered by a pressure plate. There is also a podium, some barrels, and a few beds. There is a captive to the left of the bed.
One of at least three encounters will happen here:
- Super mutants will be holding a wastelander hostage. You can kill the super mutants and save the wastelander for a small boost of Karma.
- A wastelander being chased by a raider with a flamer. The wastelander cannot be saved as his death is a scripted event.
- Raiders with lead pipes will come after you, in addition to the raider with the flamer.
- Lying, Congressional Style in the speakers podium.
- Pugilism Illustrated on the floor in a corner of the bathroom.
- Mini nuke under/on a table.
- Nikola Tesla and You in the southwestern-most house south of the church, on top of a bookshelf.
- A copy of U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes can be found inside a truck on the east side of the village.
- To the north is the super mutant camp mentioned in the search party log.
- You may encounter Enclave soldiers and an officer if you've completed The Waters of Life quest.
- South of the chapel is a very hard locked safe, a trunk and a player usable bed.
Calverton appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenesEdit
There is a real-life Calverton, but it is located in the Maryland suburbs, not Virginia, where the in-game version is. It would be approximately just off the map, due east of the Republic of Dave.