The California Sunset Drive-in is a drive-in movie theater south-west of Primm.
The area is simply an abandoned drive-in with a few cars and trash cans, with the blank movie screen at the forefront and a small playground underneath it. A few bark scorpions, radscorpions and the occasional feral ghoul may be here as well.
- Two Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle caps can be found opposite the giant screen, next to a small decaying building. They are on the ground next to some empty Sunset Sarsaparilla bottles. One should be careful, or one of the bottle caps may fall through the ground when attempting to pick them up.
- In the playground area overlooking the drive-in, there's a campfire with a copy of Lad's Life beside it and a copy of True Police Stories laying on top of one of the picnic tables.
- Northwest of the drive, halfway to the canyon wreckage, there is an overturned truck with explosives crates containing various amounts of frag grenades.
- West-southwest of this location, there is a small camp with a campfire fueled by a destroyed motorcycle.
- Inside the drive-in are numerous bent tin cans. Three are lined up on a car, but when the Courier tries to shoot them, they will not fall. It appears the car and the tin cans have glitched together, making the cans invincible against bullets. However, the tin cans are still available for picking up.
- Some players have reported odd horror movie-like music when entering the playground just north of the drive-in for the first time. It has been rumored to be an easter egg, however, there is no official information to verify whether this is an actual easter egg or not.[verification overdue]
The California Sunset Drive-in appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.