|Side Quest: Caesar's Favor|
|Receive notification from a disguised Frumentarius.|
|Travel to cache location near Cottonwood Cove.|
|Open any of the metal boxes.|
|Reward: Legion Denarius|
- If the player has gained a positive reputation with Caesar's Legion, they will subsequently be approached by a disguised Frumentarius. He will state that Caesar has noted their loyalty, and has allowed them to use a Legion supply cache which is periodically replenished by Legion members. He then departs.
- The player is given a quest marker which leads to the cache, located on a rock ledge south of the Sniper's Nest overlooking Cottonwood Cove. The quest is completed once the player has opened any one of the metal boxes located on the ledge.
- This is a recurring quest, and will re-appear approximately every three days in the form of a new quest marker guiding the player to the cache. This will continue as long as the player's reputation with Caesar's Legion is primarily positive.
- If the player later acquires negative reputation with the Legion, the quest marker will no longer appear. However, the Legion will continue to restock the cache boxes. With the location now known, the player can still take items regularly even without Caesar's permission, and without Karma loss.
A maximum of ten boxes can appear on the ledge, split into two groups:
- Five boxes are located on the west side of the ledge. These boxes are labeled "Legion Dropbox" and contain Legion Denarii totaling 235 in count between the five boxes. All five boxes will always be present.
- Up to five additional boxes, labeled "Legion Supply Cache", may be located on the east side of the ledge overlooking Cottonwood Cove. 3 of these boxes can be found after gaining the quest. Another box will appear after gaining "Liked" reputation and another after gaining "Idolized". The contents of the boxes starting from left to right are as follows.
2nd box: Several Doctor's bag's (on rare occasions over 60) and a moderate amount of ammunition (between 10 and 30).
3rd box: Usually this box contains up to 6 of the following armors metal armor, metal helmet, Recon armor, recon helmet, Leather armor and radiation suits. However, sometimes the box will only contain some ammo (usually 2 or 3 missiles and a few Electron charge packs.)
4th box (the one in closest to the tree): between 5-100 of almost all standard ammunition in the base game with the exception of mini nukes, 40mm grenades, 25mm grenade, 12.7mm rounds, .50 MG, BBs, camera film and alien power cells. The box will also usually spawn an aid item and 1 or 2 Stealth Boys, but this is not always the case. This box will only appear once you have "Liked" reputation with the legion.
5th box: This box will spawn moderate numbers of almost all of the standard ammunition in the base game (excluding the same ones as above), however, in the case of .44 magnum, 5.56mm, Electron Charge Packs, small energy cells, flamer fuel, microfusion cells, over 100 will spawn (with the expection of missile between 30-70 of them will appear), extremely large numbers of Energy cell, Over Charge and Flamer fuel will appear (sometimes over 2000 of each). This box will also spawn either a standard or advanced radiation suit, a single aid item (usually purified water and a number of Stealth Boys (sometimes over 70 can found). This box will only appear once you have "Idolized" reputation with the Legion.
|1||Quest finished||Find the Legion Dropbox.|
- As indicated by the disguised Frumentarius, any items left inside the cache boxes will be removed once the quest re-appears. However, items taken from the boxes and left on the ground nearby will remain indefinitely.
- Additional "Legion Supply Cache" boxes will appear if the player's reputation with Caesar's Legion improves between each instance of this quest. Boxes will not disappear unless the player's reputation is not sufficient for another instance of the quest.
- pc This quest cannot be obtained if the player has previously received the Caesar's Hire quest. Additionally, Caesar's Hire will not recur while the player has a positive reputation, despite this quest not being obtainable. [verified]
- pc xbox360 It is possible to permanently disable this quest if the player fast-travels away from the Disguised Frumentarius as he is approaching, or if he is killed. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 After two uses of the drop boxes the quest may stop resetting due to an unknown cause. Waiting more than three days and maintaining a Liked or better reputation with the Legion will not reset the quest. Possible fix is completing Why Can't We Be Friends? [verified]