He's a skittish little fucker. Spends half the day pumping his body full of chems and the other half pumping hookers with his willy.”
Cachino is a member of the Omertas family working in the Gomorrah casino. When talking to him at first, he is extremely rude. After reading his journal or talking to others in the Gomorrah, the player discovers that he does many things behind the Omertas' back that could get him killed if they were to find out. He also has a room in the Gomorrah and is mentioned by Joana during the quest Bye Bye Love. According to her, Cachino is sadistic. He has repeatedly brutalized and raped her and some of the other working girls. These perversions, along with his side deals, are detailed in his journal.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Bye Bye Love: Cachino is the unseen antagonist that sends the Omerta thugs after Carlitos, Joana and the disguised prostitutes.
- How Little We Know: Cachino helps the Courier take down the Omertas family after his journal gets stolen from him. Cachino gives leads and information to the Courier, and after the quest is over, will take over the Omertas family and Gomorrah.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- After you've finished the quest How Little We Know, Cachino will give you 50 Gomorrah chips when you see him on the occasional visit.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Dirty pre-War businesswear||.44 magnum revolver||Cachino's journal||-|
- Cachino will not spawn unless you've either finished the quest Bye Bye Love or you've talked to Yes Man and have inquired about the Gomorrah "Tribe" after Yes Man has explained about how you could determine the fate of New Vegas yourself. He will mention something about Benny paying the Gomorrah receptionist for intel. This will open up the option to "collect" on some outstanding payments at the receptionist of the Gomorrah. Cachino will then have spawned. Cachino will also spawn if you speak to Liza O'Malley in For the Republic, Part 2, and then speak to the Gomorrah receptionist.
- Cachino is referred to both as a Lieutenant and a Captain.
- If Cachino has not spawned, the map marker will point to the arch just in between the Casino and Reception.
- "I banged Lot's wife and licked her salty ass. The fuck do I look like? I'm the one asking the questions here."
- "You better get outside for a little bit. I'm sure they are going to look for the infamous courier when things go to hell."
- "He's a skittish little fucker. Spends half the day pumping his body full of chems and the other half pumping hookers with his willy."
Cachino appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
After the deaths of Big Sal and Nero, Cachino will appear on a Radio New Vegas news bulletin and comment that Nero always wanted to "Sleep with the lakelurks." This is a reference to the film The Godfather where, following his murder, Luca Brasi is said to "sleep with the fishes."
ps3 Towards the end of the quest How Little We Know, Cachino will offer you a gun to kill Big Sal and Nero. When you ask Cachino for the gun just before the fight, his head may start to spin around in a very creepy way. This can be resolved by ending the chat with him and then talking to him again. [verified]