He's a skittish little fucker. Spends half the day pumping his body full of chems and the other half pumping hookers with his willy.”
Many of Cachino operations are shady deeds conducted behind the backs of his bosses in the Gomorrah casino. He is a sadistic and rude character with a very checkered past, known to have conducted some deals on the sides, which upon closer investigation, are actually his own personal finances. The Omerta member has even repeatedly brutalized and raped some of the other working girls in the casino.
Cachino is in a questionable relationship with Joana, ignorant of the fact the hooker's love interest is actually a former employee of the Omertas. He tries to keep these facts secret from prying eyes, otherwise he could get killed for working against the interests of the family.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Bye Bye Love: Cachino is the unseen antagonist that sends the Omerta thugs after Carlitos, Joana and the disguised prostitutes.
- How Little We Know: Cachino helps the Courier take down the Omertas family after his journal gets stolen from him. Cachino gives leads and information to the Courier, and after the quest is over, will take over the Omertas family and Gomorrah.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
After having finished the quest How Little We Know, Cachino will give 50 Gomorrah chips when seeing him on the occasional visit.
- Cachino will not spawn unless one has either finished the quest Bye Bye Love or having talked to Yes Man and have inquired about the Gomorrah "Tribe" after Yes Man has explained about how one could determine the fate of New Vegas yourself. He will mention something about Benny paying the Gomorrah receptionist for intel. This will open up the option to "collect" on some outstanding payments at the receptionist of the Gomorrah. Cachino will be spawned. Cachino will also spawn if speaking to Liza O'Malley in For the Republic, Part 2, and then speaking to the Gomorrah receptionist.
- Cachino is referred to both as a Lieutenant and a Captain.
- If Cachino has not spawned, the map marker will point to the arch just in between the Casino and Reception.
- "I banged Lot's wife and licked her salty ass. The fuck do I look like? I'm the one asking the questions here."
- "You better get outside for a little bit. I'm sure they are going to look for the infamous courier when things go to hell."
- "He's a skittish little fucker. Spends half the day pumping his body full of chems and the other half pumping hookers with his willy."
Cachino appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
After the deaths of Big Sal and Nero, Cachino will appear on a Radio New Vegas news bulletin and comment that Nero always wanted to "Sleep with the lakelurks." This is a reference to the film The Godfather where, following his murder, Luca Brasi is said to "sleep with the fishes."
ps3 Towards the end of the quest How Little We Know, Cachino will offer a gun to kill Big Sal and Nero. When asking Cachino for the gun just before the fight, his head may start to spin around in a very creepy way. This can be resolved by ending the chat with him and then talking to him again. [verified]