|Railroad side quest: Butcher's Bill|
|Talk to Doctor Carrington.|
|Head to the designated location.|
Recover the dead drop. Listen to the Augusta report.
|Head to Kendall Hospital.|
|Explore the safehouse.|
|Listen to the Augusta station last update.|
|Flip the circuit-breaker.|
Outrun the deathclaw.
|Kill the deathclaw.|
Flip the circuit-breaker.
|Report back to Doctor Carrington.|
|Reward: 300 XP|
|Leads to: Butcher's Bill 2|
- On completion of Boston After Dark Carrington mentions concerns about the status of a couple of safehouses. The Railroad was struck simultaneously at many of their locations when The Switchboard fell.
- Head to the dead drop, its location varies and is determined by the radiant quest system. Take the holotape from the container and play it.
- Head to Kendall Hospital and make your way inside, exploring the safehouse while keeping watch for traps and raiders until the elevator is reached.
- After the elevator follow the path until reaching the large, open room. The quest marker is a floor down, avoid or kill the raiders, then listen to the report.
- Drop down to the bottom floor, kill a deathclaw, flip the circuit breaker in the southeastern corner, then head out.
- Alternatively—flip the circuit breaker, run to the now-energized door, push the button and outrun the deathclaw to exit.
- Return to HQ and turn in the quest.
PC Playstation 4 Xbox One The dead drop may not appear at the noted location. [verified]
- Possible fix includes progressing through other Railroad missions until given another safe-house mission. This may make the dead drop appear with both missions packages.
- It can also be fixed via console commands on PC:
- Add the note found in the dead drop: player.additem 00189b38 1.
- Set the current objective as complete: setobjectivecompleted 000b1f1d 100 1.
- Advance the quest to the next objective: setstage 000b1f1d 200.
- Xbox One The bug can be avoided by not fast traveling and going out the escape way mentioned by the doctor.
- Playstation 4 The easiest solution is to load a previous save before accepting the mission and try again.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.