| ||For the Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel skill, see Butcher (skill).|
She's our commander. I hope she's still alive. When I saw you come up here, I assumed she'd sent you. Well, we can chit-chat about all that later. Right now, can you help us get off this damn roof?”
Born in 2246, Butcher is the team's medic. He has saved their lives on more than one occasion. His original name was Carl, but Brick jokingly called him "Butcher" once, and the name stuck. He is the worst of the team in terms of fighting, but his prowess as a medic more than makes up for it. He is currently quite depressed at the death of his teammate, Theo, but there wasn't much he could have done to save him.
After the completion of the quest, he and the other rangers can be found at the Ranger compound.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Reilly's Rangers: Butcher is among the members of Reilly's Rangers who need to be rescued from the top of the Statesman Hotel. If you manage to save Butcher, he will patch you up for free.
* Only if you do not give him any ammunition.
- "The name's Butcher, I'm the team medic. It's good to see a friendly face."
- "She's our commander. I hope she's still alive. When I saw you come up here, I assumed she'd sent you. Well, we can chit-chat about all that later. Right now, can you help us get off this damn roof?"
- "Well, I can think of a faster way, but I doubt you'd survive the fall."
Butcher appears only in Fallout 3.