Bust the Skulz
Bust the Skulz is a side quest given by Lars to put an end to the Skulz gang and their crimes in Junktown. Lars asks the Vault Dweller to get evidence or testimony of the Skulz' illegal activities that will put them in jail for good.
- Come across the fight at the Skum Pitt.
- Eliminate the Skulz by convincing Sherry to give evidence or fight them with Lars.
The Vault Dweller witnesses an incident at the Skum Pitt when a Skulz member is killed by the proprietor, Neal, for harassing his employee. When spoken to, Vinnie (the leader of the gang), asks the player to steal Neal's Urn as proof of loyalty. Stealing the urn and showing it to Vinnie grants 400 XP and a small Karma drop. (You have the option to return the urn later to gain more karma then what you originally lost)
The Vault Dweller is then given the choice to help the Skulz exact revenge on Neal and Trish, which grants 300 experience points, but all of the guards in Junktown will become hostile. If the Vault Dweller tells Vinnie that they need time to prepare, they can tell Lars what is happening, and help the guards attack the Skulz during their assault on the bar. The player receives an additional 500 experience points when they speak to Lars after the fight.
The Vault Dweller can also solve this quest by convincing Sherry to leave the Skulz and testify against them. In order to do that, the player should talk with Sherry, and convince her that there is no future for her in the Skulz.
One day later, Sherry will move to the south-western part of the Crash House Hotel. She will tell the Vault Dweller that she has left the Skulz and that she has begun a new life as a cook in the Skum Pitt and in the Crash House. At this point the Vault Dweller can convince her to testify against the Skulz.
After the Vault Dweller has convinced her, they need to pay a visit to Lars and tell him that Sherry is willing to testify. This completes the quest.
- 800 XP - combat solution (plus the additional XP and loot from killing the Skulz).
- 500 XP - alternative solution.
- The 800 XP from the combat solution is awarded in two parts: 300 XP directly after the battle for defending the Skum Pitt, and then 500 XP when you talk to Lars and finish out the quest.
- Do not steal the urn before you are instructed to, otherwise Neal will only attack as soon as he sees you.