| || For an overview of Flamethrower models in the Fallout series of games, see Flamer.|
For the weapon of the same name in Fallout Shelter, see Burnmaster (Fallout Shelter).
It is not affected by the Pyromaniac perk, essentially being a flamer that automatically bestows the perk on the wielder while using it.
Burnmaster can shoot a total of about 139 units of flamer fuel, the equivalent of 3 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Flamer - the standard flamethrower found in the Capital Wasteland.
- Rapid-torch flamer - located in the Adams storage facility, south of Adams Air Force Base's mobile base crawler, there should be a map marker.
- Slo-burn flamer - found on the upper level of the southeast portion of launch platform base inside the Mobile base crawler.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
This weapon can be found in Franklin Metro utility, a tunnel system beneath Falls Church/Mason Dst Metro. It is advisable to bring the ghoul mask if one has obtained it, as the Metro is overwhelmed with feral ghouls, which depending on the player character's level and installed add-ons, may mostly consist of glowing ones and feral ghoul reavers.
When you have managed to find Franklin Metro Utility in Falls Church/Mason Dst Metro (it's all the way in the back, down the tracks past the mezzanine), follow that until you get to where the tunnel goes down into the water. Go into the water and then make a left through a broken passage in the tunnel (if you do not have a radiation suit, carry on past the broken passage and keep going straight down into the water, there is a box with a mini nuke on top and inside the box is a radiation suit). Swim to the right until you find a ramp that goes up. Continue down a hallway filled with radioactive barrels. It's advised to bring along a bottle of Rad-X, some RadAway packs, as the area has moderately high levels of radiation along with numerous glowing ones (and reavers if one has the Broken Steel add-on). At the end of the tunnel there are five ammunition boxes filled with flamer ammunition and the Burnmaster.
- The Burnmaster does not benefit from the Pyromaniac perk, but it does the same damage as a regular flamer when the player character possesses the perk.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 This weapon does not receive a bonus from the Pyromaniac perk. This may have been intentional since it deals 50% more damage. [verified]
| || |
Video walkthrough for finding the Burnmaster: